I sinned
(10-15-2020, 07:27 AM)Christmasfairy Wrote: This year I've sinned mortally
Asking friends and family and everyone has been given grace to not.
Im scared God is giving people more grace and I'm being denied it.
I'm not trying to normalise sin, but has anyone else fallen since lockdown? Again, not trying to normalise such a horror

Well, first of all, God will have all to be saved, and to come to a knowledge of the Truth.
Any feeling you have that you’re “hopeless” is not of God.
Don’t despair. Repent. If you haven’t gone to Confession, resolve to do so ASAP.
in the meantime, tell Christ you’re sorry for what you’ve done. Tell Him you love Him. Ask Him to increase  your love for Him. Ask Him to increase your sorrow. Ask Our Lady to obtain the grace of perfect contrition  from Her Son for you.

If you have committed a truly mortal sin — viz. a grave sin done with full knowledge & full consent of the will — then, as above, confess your sin(s) to God by making a perfect act of contrition, and then get to Confession ASAP.

If you are prone to scruples (which you may or may not be, I don’t know), ask yourself this: would you feel comfortable placing your hand on the Bible and saying with complete confidence that what you did was a mortal sin? 

This is not to minimize grave sin. Grave sins need to be confessed, but scruples are also very real. 
in any event, just make an appointment to confess your sins. Period. You can’t go wrong with this option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • HailGilbert

Messages In This Thread
I sinned - by Christmasfairy - 10-15-2020, 07:27 AM
RE: I sinned - by austenbosten - 10-15-2020, 09:49 AM
RE: I sinned - by Petersimon1 - 10-15-2020, 11:10 AM
RE: I sinned - by Optatus Cleary - 10-15-2020, 02:17 PM
RE: I sinned - by JacafamalaRedux - 10-15-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: I sinned - by FultonFan - 10-15-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: I sinned - by SineDubio - 10-17-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: I sinned - by christianchannel - 10-17-2020, 01:56 PM