SARCHIE - Deliver Us From Evil
Here's a good Halloween flick. Below is a clip on the story behind the story. I just saw it on Amazon. I like horror movies with a catholic twist. 

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(10-15-2020, 12:54 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Here's a good Halloween flick. Below is a clip on the story behind the story. I just saw it on Amazon. I like horror movies with a catholic twist. 

I tried to watch this movie when I had a rare opportunity to be alone at home one afternoon.  Well it was me and Lily, our family dog.  Before I turned it on, I said to myself that if the dog shows signs of being upset, then I'm going to shut it off.  Sure enough, soon as I hit play, she went from relaxed to standing up and let out a little growl.  I shut it off and haven't tried again.  
(10-15-2020, 02:37 PM)ActusFidei313 Wrote: I tried to watch this movie when I had a rare opportunity to be alone at home one afternoon.  Well it was me and Lily, our family dog.  Before I turned it on, I said to myself that if the dog shows signs of being upset, then I'm going to shut it off.  Sure enough, soon as I hit play, she went from relaxed to standing up and let out a little growl.  I shut it off and haven't tried again.  

Sorry I messed up the way I replied...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActusFidei313's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(10-15-2020, 02:38 PM)ActusFidei313 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 02:37 PM)ActusFidei313 Wrote: I tried to watch this movie when I had a rare opportunity to be alone at home one afternoon.  Well it was me and Lily, our family dog.  Before I turned it on, I said to myself that if the dog shows signs of being upset, then I'm going to shut it off.  Sure enough, soon as I hit play, she went from relaxed to standing up and let out a little growl.  I shut it off and haven't tried again.  

Sorry I messed up the way I replied...

Lol, no problem. 

I watched it with my dog, too. He's the nervous type but I reassured him with some hot dog bits.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • ActusFidei313
I just watched the interview.  Did it seem like Sarchie is the one doing the exorcisms?  I just thought that part wasn't made clear.  It didn't sound like he gave priests the credit??

I wonder what Fr. Ripperger's point of view is.

I like this type of "horror" too.  Thank you for sharing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActusFidei313's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(10-15-2020, 04:13 PM)ActusFidei313 Wrote: I just watched the interview.  Did it seem like Sarchie is the one doing the exorcisms?  I just thought that part wasn't made clear.  It didn't sound like he gave priests the credit??

I wonder what Fr. Ripperger's point of view is.

I like this type of "horror" too.  Thank you for sharing.

I remember Sarchie worked with Fr. Martin many years ago. I don't believe he was doing the exorcisms in the footage from 1992.

I'm not sure who he was with later on in this clip, but if I'm correct it appeared Sarchie claimed him to be a theologian--of whom I know nothing about. Where was the priest? Was the theologian a priest? I don't know.

I like films that unmask the devil, because people today need to know he's real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • ActusFidei313