Guy that killed my brother
I just found out a few minutes ago that the fellow that pulled the trigger on my brother died in his prison cell last night. He was found dead when the guards did their morning checks. He was 16 when he went in. He was 42. When I went to his first parole hearing which was earlier this year I was glad to hear how he had changed, but I do not believe anyone should get out at their first hearing. He had made a lot of progress including finishing high school & learning HVAC I think it was. He had kept clean over the last 15 years or so & if he had kept that up I was going to recommend his release at his next hearing in 2022. Please pray for the repose of his soul. I hope he made it to purgatory.
I'm glad to hear that he reformed himself to some degree. That's more that can be said of most prisoners. I'll add him to my intentions
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Dave Parrott, HailGilbert
(10-19-2020, 11:28 AM)Augustinian Wrote: ......... I'll add him to my intentions
Thanks.
I offered a Pater, Ave, and Requiem for his soul, and another for your brother.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Dave Parrott, HailGilbert
You have an inspiring capacity to forgive, Dave! God bless you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • Augustinian, Dave Parrott
(10-20-2020, 12:18 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I offered a Pater, Ave, and Requiem for his soul, and another for your brother.
Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dave Parrott's post:
  • jovan66102
(10-20-2020, 11:18 AM)Mourning Dove Wrote: You have an inspiring capacity to forgive, Dave!  God bless you.
Hey, It's only what we're supposed to do. He HAD done a turn-around so it's not like I thought he'd just do something like that again. He's in God's hands now.
[-] The following 4 users Like Dave Parrott's post:
  • HailGilbert, Jennet78, Katie1, ServusDei
(10-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Dave Parrott Wrote: I just found out a few minutes ago that the fellow that pulled the trigger on my brother died in his prison cell last night. He was found dead when the guards did their morning checks. He was 16 when he went in. He was 42. When I went to his first parole hearing which was earlier this year I was glad to hear how he had changed, but I do not believe anyone should get out at their first hearing. He had made a lot of progress including finishing high school & learning HVAC I think it was. He had kept clean over the last 15 years or so & if he had kept that up I was going to recommend his release at his next hearing in 2022. Please pray for the repose of his soul. I hope he made it to purgatory.

This is probably the most inspiring post I've ever read in a forum.  You're a good man, Dave Parrott.

I'll be praying for this man's soul, as well as for your brother.
[-] The following 4 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Augustinian, Jennet78, Katie1, Mourning Dove
Hail Mary
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amoungst women
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of dearh