Fundraiser to Enter Religious Life
Ave Maria!

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I'm from Ohio, and just recently graduated from college. I've browsed the forum before, but I decided to join primarily because I'm currently trying to reach out to other Catholics, especially traditionalists, to ask for donations for a fundraiser I'm doing. I'm trying to pay off my student debt as quickly as possible, so I can enter religious life with the Marian Friars Minor.

If you haven't heard of the MFM, here's the link to their website: (marianfriarsminor.com). They're a relatively new group of traditional Franciscans (TLM, Latin Breviary only) currently based in the Diocese of Covington, KY. It's a primarily contemplative life lived in community, but they do have an apostolic ministry as well. If you want examples, some of their preaching is on the website, and I'll add another link to Youtube where Fra Anthony has posted some conferences and interviews on Sensus Fidelium: ()

I have been discerning religious life for a long time, but I only decided that I wanted to join this group right before I finished college, so I've accumulated about $80 thousand dollars in student debt that I now have to get rid of before I'm allowed to enter. I'm working right now, and making payments, but at my current pace, I might not pay the debt off for 5 years. 

I'm very eager to join, so I decided that in the spirit of St. Francis, I should ask people for the love of God to help me in my need. This is the link to my GoFundMe: (gf.me/u/yshuyh) where I have another, perhaps more in depth, explanation of my situation. However you can help, whether it's by donation, sharing this link, or simply by your prayers, I will be greatly appreciative. I pray God will bless you for it. 

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to PM me. In the meantime, I'm glad to be on the forum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes slave_of_jesus_and_mary's post:
  • Some Guy
Hey! I just got back from a weekend retreat with the good Friars! I love those guys. I will definitely donate towards your GoFundMe sooner or later. I bookmarked it.

I know you have to work, but have you taken the time to live a week with them and properly discern onsite? And are you aware of the super weird psych test the diocese requires of all men discerning a vocation? They've lost a few potential postulants thanks to the dumb "test." If you fail, you're out.
Ave Christus Rex!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Some Guy's post:
  • slave_of_jesus_and_mary
(10-29-2020, 09:34 AM)Some Guy Wrote: Hey! I just got back from a weekend retreat with the good Friars! I love those guys. I will definitely donate towards your GoFundMe sooner or later. I bookmarked it.

I know you have to work, but have you taken the time to live a week with them and properly discern onsite? And are you aware of the super weird psych test the diocese requires of all men discerning a vocation? They've lost a few potential postulants thanks to the dumb "test." If you fail, you're out.
God bless you! Thank you so much!

Yes, I spent a week there in person a year ago. It was amazing.

Also, I am aware of the crazy psychological test. It's really terrible that people have had to be sent home because of it.
- John

Dignare me laudare te Virgo Sacrata
Da mihi virtutem contra hostes tuos