Visiting cemetery
(11-03-2020, 01:26 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: But, unfortunately, as the article points out, the obligation to confess and receive Holy Communion for a plenary indulgence has not been changed.

One can still obtain a partial indulgence without having received communion/confessed, no? If so, a partial indulgence is better than no indulgence.
(11-03-2020, 07:51 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 01:26 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: But, unfortunately, as the article points out, the obligation to confess and receive Holy Communion for a plenary indulgence has not been changed.

One can still obtain a partial indulgence without having received communion/confessed, no? If so, a partial indulgence is better than no indulgence.

Totally agree!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(11-03-2020, 07:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:51 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:

Totally agree!

If I may add one item... one of the "usual conditions" necessary in order to obtain a plenary indulgence, either for yourself or others, and in addition to having attended Mass, received Holy Communion, and confessed, is a complete detachment from sin.  This includes venial sin.  I have listened to several priests talk on this subject, and have come to the realization that the obtainment of plenary indulgences are far and few between--at least for me.  To be completely detached from even venial sin is no simple task, and yet it is a requirement to obtain a plenary indulgence.  In that regard, I don't really worry about obtaining plenary indulgences (I'll still do all I can to get them), but I'm comfortable knowing that if I can not receive a plenary indulgence, a partial indulgence (and who knows how close to plenary that partial indulgence may be) is something to nonetheless strive for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • jovan66102