Pro-Papal States Saints and Martyrs
I've been trying to finds Pro-Papal States Saints and Martyrs of the Italian Unification, but it's difficult and frustrating because there's very little information out there.

I know Charles Coulombe has written a book on the Papal Zouaves but I haven't got it yet; if any of you have read it, I'd really appreciate it if you would provide me with any names of noteworthy individuals. Right now I'm looking into Hermann Kanzler, the Pope's general, again there's very little information available on him and most of it is in Italian or other languages; what I so far looks decent, but I'm not sure if any it amounts to heroic virtue yet.

So far I have only a handful of names, and accounts of massacres but not so much in the terms heroic individuals, unless/maybe-until, I find more on Hermann Kanzler. Does anyone know any possible candidates for canonization?

If I do find that Hermann Kanzler is canonization-worthy and/or someone else who is worthy of canonization, how would I go about advancing his cause? Especially in this day and age and with this Pontificate?

Also, what if I find myself in a situation where I needed a miracle and prayed to Hermann Kanzler and got said miracle; how would that square with the rules surrounding canonization?
[Image: Blessed_Virgin_Mary_Holding_Jesus_with_S...abriel.jpg]
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!

Messages In This Thread
Pro-Papal States Saints and Martyrs - by MaryLover - 11-02-2020, 09:05 PM