Pro-Papal States Saints and Martyrs
(11-03-2020, 01:17 AM)MaryLover Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 09:43 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I think Naproxen is right. To be a martyr, one must be killed in odium fidei (in hatred of the Faith). Give that the King of Italy and the vast majority of his soldiers were Catholics I don't see odium fidei. They were fighting the Head of State of a temporal power, not the Vicar of Christ.

In fact, even tho' Victor Emmanuel was excommunicated for his war against the Papal States, his excommunication was lifted on his deathbed, he received Last Rites, and died in the bosom of the Church.
Yes, but there were accounts of sacrileges committed, and not just during the first time that Rome was captured and Garibaldi's troops set-off fireworks on Good Friday to revel Our Lord's Crucifixion.

There are also accounts of many un-Catholic atrocities being committed, like the razing of Pontelandolfo and Casalduni and the graphic treatment of it's citizens as is recounted here: http://www.sanfelesesocietynj.org/Histor...ndolfo.htm
Also, I forgot to mention, Catholic accounts at the time, such as the Quebec newspaper Le Minerve, (which was approved Bishop Ignace Bourget) described the seizures as acts of sacrilege.
[Image: Blessed_Virgin_Mary_Holding_Jesus_with_S...abriel.jpg]
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro-Papal States Saints and Martyrs - by MaryLover - 11-03-2020, 01:32 AM