Beef Bourguignon
Here's my beef Burgundy. I hope you enjoy!

https://veilnation.blogspot.com/2020/11/...ignon.html

What are some of your fave dishes? Please post here, if you like.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Little Fish, Melkite
(11-10-2020, 09:45 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Here's my beef Burgundy. I hope you enjoy!

I love beef bourguignon, sounds like a great recipe!

I'm not much of a cook, but the ones I have that I do off of "a little of this, a little of that" rather than a recipe, are baked ziti and pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy. Sometimes with the ziti, I'll throw in some tikka masala sauce to give it a spicy sweet flavor. I don't know how surprising it is, but tikka masala flavor meshes well with tomato-based pasta dishes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(11-10-2020, 10:33 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 09:45 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Here's my beef Burgundy. I hope you enjoy!

I'm not much of a cook, but the ones I have that I do off of "a little of this, a little of that" rather than a recipe, are baked ziti and pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy.  Sometimes with the ziti, I'll throw in some tikka masala sauce to give it a spicy sweet flavor.  I don't know how surprising it is, but tikka masala flavor meshes well with tomato-based pasta dishes.

How do you do your pork roast with sauerkraut? I could use a good recipe for that.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(11-10-2020, 10:45 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: How do you do your pork roast with sauerkraut? I could use a good recipe for that.

I get 2 cans of Libby's sauerkraut and a pack of boneless country spare ribs. In a crock pot, dump one can of the sauerkraut and spread across the bottom, sprinkle/dump (depending on how sweet you like your sauerkraut) brown sugar, sprinkle some caraway seeds. Then lay the pork on top, empty the 2nd can on top of the pork. Repeat with brown sugar and caraway seeds, then leave it on low overnight. When you take some of the juice to make the gravy, make sure you dump a teaspoonish of sauerkraut in.

I'm not much of a cook, but the ones I have that I do off of "a little of this, a little of that" rather than a recipe, are baked ziti and pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy.  Sometimes with the ziti, I'll throw in some tikka masala sauce to give it a spicy sweet flavor.  I don't know how surprising it is, but tikka masala flavor meshes well with tomato-based pasta dishes.

Instead of mashed potatoes, try some bramborové knedlíky (Czech potato dumplings) with that roast pork and kraut, and have a Bohemian feast!

Here's a recipe: Potato Dumplings – Bramborové knedlíky
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Melkite
(11-10-2020, 06:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Instead of mashed potatoes, try some bramborové knedlíky (Czech potato dumplings) with that roast pork and kraut, and have a Bohemian feast!

Here's a recipe: Potato Dumplings – Bramborové knedlíky

I've never tried bramborové knedlíky, but I've tried making houskové knedlíky a few times, and I was never able to get it right.  It always came out very dense and dry.  Nothing light and fluffy like I've heard they're supposed to be.

You're recipe for bramborove knedliky looks very similar to the first one I tried for houskove. The only difference is mine didn't have any potato. I'll give this a shot the next time I make pork and sauerkraut!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • jovan66102
(11-10-2020, 09:09 PM)Melkite Wrote: I've never tried bramborové knedlíky, but I've tried making houskové knedlíky a few times, and I was never able to get it right.  It always came out very dense and dry.  Nothing light and fluffy like I've heard they're supposed to be.
You're recipe for bramborove knedliky looks very similar to the first one I tried for houskove.  The only difference is mine didn't have any potato. I'll give this a shot the next time I make pork and sauerkraut!

I've never had houskové knedlíky. They must not have been popular in the districts our settlers came from. However the bramborové knedlíky are not exactly light and fluffy! They are quite dense, but delicious.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe