Hello from Utah
I used to travel to Ogden for business every year, and there was a very orthodox, traditional priest at St. James.  Last time I went in the Fall of 2019, he had been reassigned to another church just a week or two prior, and the new pastor seemed to be a complete Fr. Jim Rainibowstole (he was not happy when he approached me after Mass wanting the reasons why I was wearing a veil, but seemed to cheer right up when he found out I was just visiting).

I believe the Ogden priest is Fr. Richtsteig and may now be in SLC.  I don’t think that’s at all close to Park City, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pandora's post:
  • Chadster
Smile 
Welcome to the forum. 
(11-11-2020, 10:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 08:38 PM)Maurisa Wrote: Chad, we are also in Utah.  There is a lovely Latin Mass community at Saint Mary’s in Park City. Currently we have Latin Mass at 3 pm on Sundays. We are usually a very social group but COVID restrictions have made that more difficult. This is a diocesan parish so most of what is offered is NO but the Traditional elements is growing.

Interesting that the TLM is not listed on the Parish website. I have a Facebook friend who is a Trad leaning Priest in Utah. I thought he might be your Pastor so I looked up the website. Nope. Don't know either of your Priests.

However, it is also not listed on either the Traditional Latin Mass Venues in the United States or the Ecclesia Dei TLM Directory (of course, this one is only a 'taste' to get you to buy their hardcopy directory for $2.00).

Latin Mass for Saint Mary's is listed here. https://www.stmarysparkcity.com/current-...hours-more
(11-12-2020, 10:33 AM)Chadster Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 08:38 PM)Maurisa Wrote: Chad, we are also in Utah.  There is a lovely Latin Mass community at Saint Mary’s in Park City. Currently we have Latin Mass at 3 pm on Sundays. We are usually a very social group but COVID restrictions have made that more difficult. This is a diocesan parish so most of what is offered is NO but the Traditional elements is growing.

Thank you. I really enjoy Saint Mary's it is a beautiful church. I was unaware about the Latin Mass there. We live in West Jordan, and with two very young children that is quite the travel time in the winter months. But I think come spring time we will try get up there a few times for the 3PM mass.

(11-11-2020, 10:10 PM)Steven Wrote: St. Martin de Porres in Taylorsville has a 2pm Latin Mass too, according to their bulletin?

My advice would be to stay close to the Eucharist as the source and summit of our Christian life.  I am blessed locally to have many traditional or reverent Masses available on a daily basis, but even in periods where I had no such access, by looking through the liberal silliness to see the beauty of the Sacrament, my spiritual life was preserved and fostered.  It can even serve as a opportunity for charity and humility as well, to pray for those partaking in such silliness and irreverence without letting your heart become jaded by it or hardened against them.  But pray as well that reverence for the Holy Eucharist may be increased.

This is neither here nor there, but I teach classes for clergy on the Traditional Latin Mass, and am willing to travel.  If you know of a priest locally who might wish to learn but not have the resources, feel free to reach out to me and put us in contact.  (And to anyone else reading this from the larger Internet, the offer stands for you as well!)

Thank you for the info. I know the priest very well at St. Martin De Porres, Father Dominic is a Dominican priest and one that has helped guide me spiritually the last few years. I believe that when he was reassigned to that parish back in August I think the Latin Mass has been put on hold due to Covid. But I will be sure to talk with him about the Latin Mass and if the website is accurate. Talking to fellow knights that attend that parish they all mentioned no Latin Mass, but they could just not know about it. Thankfully where I attend currently at St. Francis Xavier we got a new associate pastor and his mass is doing very well, and I have had some good conversations with him. He is definitely more traditional than you average priest. But I am still yearning for more if that makes sense.
Father Dominic does not say the Latin Mass. Father Jan, who recently retired, is the priest who says the Latin Mass at Saint Martin De Porres and it is my understanding that is still happening at 2 p.m. on Sundays. There is also a weekday Latin Mass at Saint Ambrose on Wednesday evenings at 6 pm. Father Erik is the priest there. He is very traditional leaning and a great confessor.
(11-12-2020, 10:50 AM)Pandora Wrote: I used to travel to Ogden for business every year, and there was a very orthodox, traditional priest at St. James.  Last time I went in the Fall of 2019, he had been reassigned to another church just a week or two prior, and the new pastor seemed to be a complete Fr. Jim Rainibowstole (he was not happy when he approached me after Mass wanting the reasons why I was wearing a veil, but seemed to cheer right up when he found out I was just visiting).

I believe the Ogden priest is Fr. Richtsteig and may now be in SLC.  I don’t think that’s at all close to Park City, though.
Father Erik was transferred to Saint Ambrose in Salt Lake City. He says a Latin Mass on Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. He is a really wonderful priest.
Interesting that Father Rodillas asked about your veil. We used to attend Saint James until Father Erik was reassigned. Many ladies veiled then. I wonder if they have all left?
(11-12-2020, 04:49 PM)Maurisa Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 10:50 AM)Pandora Wrote: I used to travel to Ogden for business every year, and there was a very orthodox, traditional priest at St. James.  Last time I went in the Fall of 2019, he had been reassigned to another church just a week or two prior, and the new pastor seemed to be a complete Fr. Jim Rainibowstole (he was not happy when he approached me after Mass wanting the reasons why I was wearing a veil, but seemed to cheer right up when he found out I was just visiting).

Father Erik was transferred to Saint Ambrose in Salt Lake City. He says a Latin Mass on Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. He is a really wonderful priest.
Interesting that Father Rodillas asked about your veil. We used to attend Saint James until Father Erik was reassigned. Many ladies veiled then. I wonder if they have all left?

At that particular instance, it was just me veiling.  I was really surprised, since just like you mentioned, many if not most of the ladies had always veiled. I also noticed everyone wearing much more casual attire to Mass than I had been accustomed to seeing, and it did feel like the overall attendance was markedly down.
Fr Erik Richtsteig! That's who I was thinking of. I had a senior moment!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Father Erik is a wonderful man! Thank you all for your feedback. Looks like I have some options! This site is proving to be wonderful.
(11-12-2020, 04:49 PM)Maurisa Wrote:

Fr. Erik is a great priest. My family and I lived in Utah from spring 2019 till spring 2020, and attended St. Ambrose for most of that year. Miss him greatly, strong priest and a very happy demeanor. Taught my first born daughter how to fist bump lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • Chadster