in the making of Nugat for christmas
Hello, 

As I'm thinking for small food gifts to give to my extended family and neighbour for christmas, this year I want to make nugat. I requires 'azyme bread' as the base, then the nougat mixture, then the azyme bread again. 

From my reasearch, azyme bread can be jewish style. It is like a soda cracker, not what I am looking for. I want the azyme bread - required for nugat - as the bread we receive for cummunion. 

I have this bread available in groceries, but they have the round holes in them (sort of left overs use from priest). So I figured it could try making my own for nougat only (not making my own communion eucharistic bread lol - never ) 

Has any one cooked this type of bread before? (tips, receipes, etc.) 

Or any bake goods ideas to give for the holidays?

Blessings,
I make fruitcakes.  I contend that anyone who does not like fruitcake has never had a decent fruitcake.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pandora's post:
  • The Fairy, VoxClamantis
(11-13-2020, 09:37 AM)Pandora Wrote: I make fruitcakes.  I contend that anyone who does not like fruitcake has never had a decent fruitcake.

fruitcakes, does Panetone count as fruitcake? If so, I’m on board. Nougate? Again if Torrone counts I’m on board. And while i love to cook, neither Panetone nor Torrone are on my list of things i can prepare.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
(11-14-2020, 04:40 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 09:37 AM)Pandora Wrote: I make fruitcakes.  I contend that anyone who does not like fruitcake has never had a decent fruitcake.

fruitcakes, does Panetone count as fruitcake? If so, I’m on board. Nougate? Again if Torrone counts I’m on board. And while i love to cook, neither Panetone nor Torrone are on my list of things i can prepare.

Unless there's more fruit than cake, it's not a fruitcake.  ShopRite actually has a really delicious cranberry panetone, but I refuse to pay more than 4.99 for it.

Torrone sounds like too much stirring to be enjoyable, however you are the boss of making your torrone, your own.
(11-14-2020, 05:46 PM)Pandora Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:40 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:

Unless there's more fruit than cake, it's not a fruitcake.  ShopRite actually has a really delicious cranberry panetone, but I refuse to pay more than 4.99 for it.

Torrone sounds like too much stirring to be enjoyable, however you are the boss of making your torrone, your own.

nicely played chef john
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic