What’s the proper way to dispose of Protestant materials?
(11-14-2020, 09:26 PM)FultonFan Wrote: I have Protestant Bibles in my house, and other books from when I professed to be “Calvinist”.
How sinful is it that I haven’t yet gotten rid of them?
Additionally, what’s the best way to get rid of them? The garbage?
don't throw it away, sell it on ebay.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
So I have gone through and disposed of my Protestant bibles. I see that there is not a way to justify that. But, still, I would like further clarification. 

I have several other books which have been placed on the Index. Some of that, I will probably be getting rid of, like my old copies of Voltaire and Nietzsche. But other things seem a little bit more difficult to understand the reasoning (not that I am opposed, I am not arguing against anyone, just seeking clarification.) 

For example, I have some of Dumas' novels, I have Pascal's Pensees, I have Milton's Paradise Lost. I even think a novel by Graham Greene I possess was on the Index. Are all of these books supposed to be removed from my library? Again, if the answer is yes (and I will ask my parish priest about it) then I will, but I just want to know. I'm not trying to be disobedient to the Church, but I also don't want to scruple over motes. Trying to find the sane balance.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
(11-25-2020, 01:01 AM)Justin Tertius Wrote: So I have gone through and disposed of my Protestant bibles. I see that there is not a way to justify that. But, still, I would like further clarification. 

I have several other books which have been placed on the Index. Some of that, I will probably be getting rid of, like my old copies of Voltaire and Nietzsche. But other things seem a little bit more difficult to understand the reasoning (not that I am opposed, I am not arguing against anyone, just seeking clarification.) 

For example, I have some of Dumas' novels, I have Pascal's Pensees, I have Milton's Paradise Lost. I even think a novel by Graham Greene I possess was on the Index. Are all of these books supposed to be removed from my library? Again, if the answer is yes (and I will ask my parish priest about it) then I will, but I just want to know. I'm not trying to be disobedient to the Church, but I also don't want to scruple over motes. Trying to find the sane balance.
The Index placed all sorts of books on the forbidden list for a variety of reasons. Including spelling and grammatical errors. It is not necessary to get rid of these books unless they are causing great damage to your soul.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.