Struggling as a stay at home mom
Ive been there 3 times. Its not easy but train your children young..bedtime earling etc. It pays off.

Dh and i continued to have a great romantic relationship because of this training later on.
(11-21-2020, 04:47 PM)NSMSSS Wrote: Going back to the being the ideal husband or wife bit, I highly recommend two very excellent books by Fr. Leo Kinsella that were published back in the '50s, The Wife Desired for the ladies and The Man for Her for the gentlemen (actually, read both no matter which side you're on).  I've linked the full text of both from EWTN's website.  There also some good bits in them about parenting and young children and keeping the "romance" of marriage alive.

(11-20-2020, 09:37 PM)LionHippo Wrote: On a side note, I'm like you - I'm not one for socializing, parties, etc.  So one of the great benefits of having a young baby was being able to leave parties whenever we wanted, or just not go at all.  "Sorry, the baby's acting up ... we'd love to come, but cant."  Or, "Wish we could stay longer, but he's just not acting himself now...we need to get home."

Well, as long as you were telling the truth...

(11-21-2020, 02:37 PM)Pandora Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:22 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Spend the next few months doing this daily: http://www.chastitysf.com/catholic_autogenics.htm

Maybe it’s just me, but that sounds like some weird new age-y stuff with lipstick slapped on it.

Agreed.  I'd also say stay away.  I'm disappointed to see something such as this posted here.

Disappointed to see Catholic Autogenics posted here?
Autogenics is not like the new age transcendental meditation stuff.
It’s training that allows for allowing very deep relaxation in a way that’s faithful to the Catholic Church. 
The process of getting good at Autogenics is almost entirely physiological, and helps create a pleasant feeling of warm, relaxed calmness. The end of each session concludes with a few, short Catholic prayers. Ideally, this can be a first step towards constant, moment by moment prayer and gratitude to God.
Wow. I forgot covid. How silly of me. I offer you strength during this time. Its not easu non-covid but sheesh. Now is more difficult.
God bless you and little obes
AnaCaroliña