Best incense charcoal?
I recently got me a resin incense burner, and the charcoal discs I got with it aren't really staying lit. Does anyone have any recommendations for good charcoal discs I could buy? Thanks in advance. God bless.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • ActusFidei313
We’re on our second batch of charcoal. The first one was a sampler, and it hasn’t been working well, but it’s not the charcoal’s fault! Our first floor flooded this summer and the charcoal absorbed excess moisture. However, we have managed to get it to stay lit... my husband uses a blowtorch (sigh). I try really hard not to laugh before prayer time when he lights it, but I can’t help it. It’s like a sitcom scene, Catholic-edition. Anyway, have you tried using a blowtorch? I’ll try to remember to respond when we move on to the second batch (which is a different brand) after we finish off the wet briquettes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elle19's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(11-20-2020, 06:05 PM)Elle19 Wrote: We’re on our second batch of charcoal. The first one was a sampler, and it hasn’t been working well, but it’s not the charcoal’s fault! Our first floor flooded this summer and the charcoal absorbed excess moisture. However, we have managed to get it to stay lit... my husband uses a blowtorch (sigh). I try really hard not to laugh before prayer time when he lights it, but I can’t help it. It’s like a sitcom scene, Catholic-edition. Anyway, have you tried using a blowtorch? I’ll try to remember to respond when we move on to the second batch (which is a different brand) after we finish off the wet briquettes.

I've been using a BBQ lighter, which has been more time-consuming than I realized. Not to mention having to sit there and blow on it to get the coal hot. I mean, its worth the effort since it smells a lot better than stick incense.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
(11-20-2020, 06:44 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 06:05 PM)Elle19 Wrote: We’re on our second batch of charcoal. The first one was a sampler, and it hasn’t been working well, but it’s not the charcoal’s fault! Our first floor flooded this summer and the charcoal absorbed excess moisture. However, we have managed to get it to stay lit... my husband uses a blowtorch (sigh). I try really hard not to laugh before prayer time when he lights it, but I can’t help it. It’s like a sitcom scene, Catholic-edition. Anyway, have you tried using a blowtorch? I’ll try to remember to respond when we move on to the second batch (which is a different brand) after we finish off the wet briquettes.

I've been using a BBQ lighter, which has been more time-consuming than I realized. Not to mention having to sit there and blow on it to get the coal hot. I mean, its worth the effort since it smells a lot better than stick incense.

For the second batch, we got Charlite Self-Lite charcoal through F.C. Ziegler, in 100 pack. We’ve learned our lesson and are going to keep it sealed once we open it. The first batch was from a charcoal/incense sampler pack from Holyart.com. It DID stay lit before it absorbed the moisture. However, the web site is Italian so it can take a while to ship. The order from F.C. Ziegler got here very quickly.

I’ve never used stick incense, but the smell of resin incense is definitely amazing. It really adds something and transforms the space when we’re praying, especially since we don’t have an altar, we just use our dining room table.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elle19's post:
  • Augustinian
(11-20-2020, 06:56 PM)Elle19 Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 06:44 PM)Augustinian Wrote:

For the second batch, we got Charlite Self-Lite charcoal through F.C. Ziegler, in 100 pack. We’ve learned our lesson and are going to keep it sealed once we open it. The first batch was from a charcoal/incense sampler pack from Holyart.com. It DID stay lit before it absorbed the moisture. However, the web site is Italian so it can take a while to ship. The order from F.C. Ziegler got here very quickly.

I’ve never used stick incense, but the smell of resin incense is definitely amazing. It really adds something and transforms the space when we’re praying, especially since we don’t have an altar, we just use our dining room table.

Is this the one that you bought? https://www.zieglers.com/charcoal-quick-.../charcoal/

This one:
https://www.zieglers.com/char-lite-charc.../charcoal/
Nippon kodo has myrr and other incense to pray with. They are on the web--nippon kodo