Greetings
Hello everyone. 
I'm an adult male convert to Catholicism. One of the wisest things I ever did was to enter the Church a number of years ago, and one of the most foolish things I've ever done was to fall away from that same Church due to my own sinfulness and rebelliousness. 
Of course I have never truly been able to leave, and I have heeded the promptings of the Spirit to return where I must be. But it's not been easy. 
I see so much confusion everywhere I look, and it is very troubling. At first, all that I keep reading about the Catholic Church convinced me that I needed to become a Protestant instead. But there is also something in me that says that I need to find the core of true Catholicism and hold to that. 
This seems like the type of place and the people among whom I may be able to work toward that. 
Despite my good intentions years ago, I remain more ignorant than I'd like. I assure you, however, that I am sincere. And so I ask you in advance to forgive any missteps on my part. 
Thank you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Coti Tog's post:
  • HailGilbert, jack89
(11-20-2020, 06:00 PM)Coti Tog Wrote: Hello everyone. 
I'm an adult male convert to Catholicism. One of the wisest things I ever did was to enter the Church a number of years ago, and one of the most foolish things I've ever done was to fall away from that same Church due to my own sinfulness and rebelliousness. 
Of course I have never truly been able to leave, and I have heeded the promptings of the Spirit to return where I must be. But it's not been easy. 
I see so much confusion everywhere I look, and it is very troubling. At first, all that I keep reading about the Catholic Church convinced me that I needed to become a Protestant instead. But there is also something in me that says that I need to find the core of true Catholicism and hold to that. 
This seems like the type of place and the people among whom I may be able to work toward that. 
Despite my good intentions years ago, I remain more ignorant than I'd like. I assure you, however, that I am sincere. And so I ask you in advance to forgive any missteps on my part. 
Thank you.

First of all, welcome! I too am an adult convert, of 40 years standing. Welcome to the Tank. I hope you enjoy your swim. May I suggest this page, from the main FE site? Traditional Catholicism 101: A Brief Primer. It's a good place to start.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Coti Tog, HailGilbert
Hi Coti Tog, welcome aboard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • Coti Tog
Welcome, friend!
Your story sounds something like mine.
Around 2005-6 I was starting to come home to the Church. 
However, sadly, in spring or summer 2007, I actually did leave the Church, and had about 7 years of a mostly Calvinist misadventure.
It seemed like these people knew what they were talking about, so, in my pride, I basically started thinking I was one of a very slim few that were part of God’s elect.

I’ve told this story time and time again here, but it was literally months before by wife and I getting married that I started having a profound conversion back to the Catholic Church. The facade I’d created was collapsing under the weight of the truth.

So, you’re not alone. But trust us when we say you will not find any true wisdom outside of Christ and His Kingdom on Earth: The Roman Catholic Church.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • Coti Tog