Help missing verse?!
Okay I am sure this probably has a simple answer but I am hoping for some clarification. I am reading currently A Church In Crisis: Pathways Forward by Ralph Martin.

Anyways it references to read Ezek 3:16-21; 33:1-9.

I have two bibles here that both omit verse 16. It literally goes from verse 15 to verse 17. Why? We have 3 bibles in our house and only one has verse 16. 

All 3 are New American Bibles from 3 different printing presses. Yes I have a Douay Rheim bible in route, but I still don't understand why that verse is omitted. I do have pictures I was going to add to show, but I can't figure out how to do that on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
God Bless.
(11-20-2020, 06:29 PM)Chadster Wrote: Okay I am sure this probably has a simple answer but I am hoping for some clarification. I am reading currently A Church In Crisis: Pathways Forward by Ralph Martin.

Anyways it references to read Ezek 3:16-21; 33:1-9.

I have two bibles here that both omit verse 16. It literally goes from verse 15 to verse 17. Why? We have 3 bibles in our house and only one has verse 16. 

All 3 are New American Bibles from 3 different printing presses. Yes I have a Douay Rheim bible in route, but I still don't understand why that verse is omitted. I do have pictures I was going to add to show, but I can't figure out how to do that on this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
God Bless.

I have an Ignatius RSV2CE, with Ezekiel 3:16 reading:  "And at the end of seven days, the word of the Lord came to me:"

A footnote states that 3:16-21 is the same as 33:1-9.

Also, Bible Gateway is a great resource for different translations:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+3&version=RSVCE