Tradition against hate
Cardinal Pietro Gasparri wrote a letter to the American Jewish Committee outlining Pope Benedict's opposition to anti-semitic hatred.

Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Gasparri, wrote a letter to the American Jewish Committee of New York, where he states: ‘The Supreme Pontiff […], head of the Catholic Church, which -- faithful to its divine doctrine and to its most glorious traditions -- considers all men as brethren and teaches to love one another, he will not cease to inculcate the observance among individuals, as among nations, of the principles of natural right, and to reprove any violation of them. This right should be observed and respected in relation to the children of Israel as it should be as for all men, for it would not conform to justice and to religion itself to derogate there from solely because of a difference of religious faith.’”

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/...tism-12579
There's a difference between hate and disagreeing with a person's religious or cultural views. From a purely rational point of view, people will adopt the values and behaviors of those around them over time. It might take a couple of generations for changes to take hold, but they eventually will. It makes sense to distance yourself and family from beliefs and cultural practices that you don't want to adopt. The Amish had the right idea on this, as well as many orthodox Jews.

I had to look up the definition of "derogate." The first definition is: 1. to cause to seem inferior or be in disrepute; detract.

I'm not sure what I think about that last sentence. Considering Catholicism is the one true faith, I certainly can't treat Judaism equally. It is inferior in that it is incomplete, as are Protestantism, Islam, etc. If we want to be right and just, to love our neighbor, we should be trying to convert everyone to Catholicism.

You can be polite and respectful while at the same time disagreeing. I would completely understand if orthodox Jews treated Christianity as inferior, and it seems many do (and they're wrong). That's not necessarily hate, that's just being true to your own religion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • HailGilbert
Satanism deserves neither politeness nor respect. If someone talks about how much he would love to rape your children, the answer is not saying "well, I respectfully, politely disagree with you". That self-declared christians feel pressure to treat with caresses the satanic abomination that is judaism shows how much of a putrid, pathetic bunch of perverse people we have become. One needs a society of aids-ridden transvestites for this perverse ideology of glorification of the synagogue of Satan to flourish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daniel-AH's post:
  • SacraCor714
(11-21-2020, 07:38 PM)Daniel-AH Wrote: Satanism deserves neither politeness nor respect. If someone talks about how much he would love to rape your children, the answer is not saying "well, I respectfully, politely disagree with you". That self-declared christians feel pressure to treat with caresses the satanic abomination that is judaism shows how much of a putrid, pathetic bunch of perverse people we have become. One needs a society of aids-ridden transvestites for this perverse ideology of glorification of the synagogue of Satan to flourish.

Do you really believe Judaism is Satanism?  Are there Jews who delve in to evil stuff?  Sure, but I don't think that's a reflection of the religion itself, the precursor to Christianity.  

You are correct, satanism does not deserve either politeness or respect.  But there is a difference between the ideology and the person.  We see conversions all the time and sometimes those people are coming from some very dark places.  We need to treat people with courtesy and respect while at the same time trying to convert them.  

I was an atheist until 5 or so years ago until I returned to the Church.  If it wasn't for the patients of some good Catholics, my return may not have happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • HailGilbert
Judaism is not the precursor of Christianity. Christianity has no precursors The prophets and patriarchs were christians because they followed Christ, not Satan, which is the father in judaism. That mindset accepts the lies of judaism, and turns Christianity into some made up novelty disconnected from the past. Judaism is the rejection of Christ, of God, the same God of both old and new testaments. Judaism is 2000 years old, and its precursors are the worshippers of Baal, Moloch, and different pagan gods.

Again, there is the assumption that we need to treat people who do not deserve courtesy or respect with courtesy and respect. People choose their ideologies. If an ideology is completely rotten, those who gladly embrace it are just as rotten. So those who willingly adhere to the ideology that is satanism will be treated accordingly **as happens all through Scripture and as all the **

The example I have given still applies. Being an atheist to a certain degree is one thing. Judaism is a whole new level.
(11-22-2020, 03:29 PM)jack89 Wrote: Do you really believe Judaism is Satanism? 

"There are only two religions: Catholicism and Satanism." ~SFC Steven M. Barry USA RET

(11-22-2020, 03:29 PM)jack89 Wrote: Are there Jews who delve in to evil stuff?  Sure, but I don't think that's a reflection of the religion itself, the precursor to Christianity.  

What is generally referred to as 'judaism' today is essentially talmudic/pharisaical judaism and not that of the Old Testament. In that regard, the "Children of Israel" (which has nothing at all to do with real estate in the mid-East) are practicing Catholics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo
(11-22-2020, 06:37 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: "There are only two religions: Catholicism and Satanism." ~SFC Steven M. Barry USA RET

Had to look him up.  OK, a retired SF guy.  So am I.  18B, 18D, and 18F.   Not sure what his expertise is on this subject is though.  Probably no more than mine, which isn't much.  

(11-22-2020, 06:37 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: What is generally referred to as 'judaism' today is essentially talmudic/pharisaical judaism and not that of the Old Testament.  In that regard, the "Children of Israel" (which has nothing at all to do with real estate in the mid-East) are practicing Catholics.

I understand today's Jews aren't the same, but they're of the same lineage.  My point was that we should treat people with courtesy and respect, regardless of their religion.  If there's any chance of converting them, calling them satanists and treating them poorly certainly won't help.  

I've never had any problems with Jews as I have with Muslims.  A good buddy of mine, also SF, was Jewish and certainly not a satanist in any stretch of the imagination.  I trusted him with my life and visa versa.  And one of the best demo guys I ever met was an immigrant from the middle east, and a Muslim.  Both top notch soldiers and honorable men. 

To call them satanists and treat them rudely would have been idiotic (and dangerous).  If I were to meet up with them today I would welcome them with open arms.  I might argue with them on religion if the subject came up, but I would never treat them with disrespect.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • benedicite, HailGilbert
(11-22-2020, 06:37 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:29 PM)jack89 Wrote: Are there Jews who delve in to evil stuff?  Sure, but I don't think that's a reflection of the religion itself, the precursor to Christianity.  

What is generally referred to as 'judaism' today is essentially talmudic/pharisaical judaism and not that of the Old Testament.  In that regard, the "Children of Israel" (which has nothing at all to do with real estate in the mid-East) are practicing Catholics.

Agreed, Bonaventure.  A little amplification:

Second Temple Judaism, the pre-Christian religion that God revealed to Moses and that the Virgin and St. Joseph were discipled in prior to the Incarnation, was a preparation for the full Revelation of the one true Faith given to the Apostles by Our Lord Jesus Christ.   The sacraments, signs, wonders, even most of the O.T. scriptures all point in a hidden, veiled manner (as types) to the fullness of the Faith that is revealed in Christ and His Church.  

Interestingly enough, the Judaizing heresy was the first great heresy to attack the Church during Apostolic times, and St. Paul addresses this in his letters to the Romans, while it is also the cause for the Apostolic Council as recorded in the Book of Acts.  The essence of the heresy was trouble between St. Peter and Paul and whether to become a Christian, one must become a Jew first.  The Apostolic Council convened in Jerusalem under the presidency of the Holy Apostle James, the brother of the Lord settled the question in the negative as well as issuing a few canons forbidding eating blood and things strangled. 

After the Destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in A.D. 70, 2nd Temple Judaism ceased to exist.  The remaining sect  that survived was the Pharisees who went on to develop Talmudic Judaism in direct opposition to Christianity. It was this religion that denies Christ as a central tenet that became the birthing ground for Kabbalah, sorcery and every futile and perverted way of self-divinization.  This is the Judaism that is practiced today in total antipathy to the pre-Christian religion that was meant to prepare the way for the Messiah and His New Israel, the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PilgrimMichelangelo's post:
  • Bonaventure
(11-22-2020, 10:59 PM)jack89 Wrote: I understand today's Jews aren't the same, but they're of the same lineage.  My point was that we should treat people with courtesy and respect, regardless of their religion.  If there's any chance of converting them, calling them satanists and treating them poorly certainly won't help.  

I've never had any problems with Jews as I have with Muslims.  A good buddy of mine, also SF, was Jewish and certainly not a satanist in any stretch of the imagination.  I trusted him with my life and visa versa.  And one of the best demo guys I ever met was an immigrant from the middle east, and a Muslim.  Both top notch soldiers and honorable men. 

To call them satanists and treat them rudely would have been idiotic (and dangerous).  If I were to meet up with them today I would welcome them with open arms.  I might argue with them on religion if the subject came up, but I would never treat them with disrespect.

> They are of the same lineage
St John Chrisostom would slap you hard for turning religion into this tribalistic mosntrosity. Jesus Christ makes clear what their lineage is: Abraham is not their father, but Satan. 

We should not call them with courtesy and respect regardless of their religion. I don't know where you take this wild insanity from. Their religion is a sign that they are despicable people. Jesus called them satanists, whitened sepulchres, vvipers etc etc. The apostles and the church fathers did more of the same. Away with your effeminate modernist monstrosity.

Your friend is a satanist because judaism is the rejection of Christ in favor of worshipping Satan, which is why they are the synagogue of Satan. Those who spit on Christ, who despise him, who would see him burning in excrement in Hell, who deny everything he did, which is the most important thing one must accept, is to be a satanist. What you consider to be idiotic is irrelevavnt. Your effeminate mindset is effeminate, and has resulted in a world of effeminate judaizers who treat those who spit Jesus with caresses and kisses because you accept their satanic tribalism.

Overall, considering you glorify satanists over their tribalistic delusions, contradict Scripture, and call those who despise Jesus and blaspheme against him proudly honorable men, I doubt you can be considered a christian. Maybe that is why you get along with them so well. I spit on your glorification of their satanic tribalism, and I spit on your nice-ism.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daniel-AH's post:
  • jack89
(11-23-2020, 03:25 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: > They are of the same lineage
St John Chrisostom would slap you hard for turning religion into this tribalistic mosntrosity. Jesus Christ makes clear what their lineage is: Abraham is not their father, but Satan. 

We should not call them with courtesy and respect regardless of their religion. I don't know where you take this wild insanity from. Their religion is a sign that they are despicable people. Jesus called them satanists, whitened sepulchres, vvipers etc etc. The apostles and the church fathers did more of the same. Away with your effeminate modernist monstrosity.

Your friend is a satanist because judaism is the rejection of Christ in favor of worshipping Satan, which is why they are the synagogue of Satan. Those who spit on Christ, who despise him, who would see him burning in excrement in Hell, who deny everything he did, which is the most important thing one must accept, is to be a satanist. What you consider to be idiotic is irrelevavnt. Your effeminate mindset is effeminate, and has resulted in a world of effeminate judaizers who treat those who spit Jesus with caresses and kisses because you accept their satanic tribalism.

Overall, considering you glorify satanists over their tribalistic delusions, contradict Scripture, and call those who despise Jesus and blaspheme against him proudly honorable men, I doubt you can be considered a christian. Maybe that is why you get along with them so well. I spit on your glorification of their satanic tribalism, and I spit on your nice-ism.

Wow, you're a piece of work.  First of all, ignore the like I mistakenly gave you.  I would remove it if I knew how.

Perhaps if you made some argument that supported your position I might have something to responds to, but this is just incoherent insults.