Goodbye
I think I'm going to take my leave from here, maybe for a while, maybe forever. But I've realized that I'm not contributing much by posting here, I'm not bettering my spiritual life arguing with people on the nuances of Catholicism. I feel as though I am just spinning my wheels, shifting from one subject to another, making no real actual change in my life. It seems as though these pockets of socialization like forums and social media are a means to keep the Truth contained and compartmentalized, away from the real world; to give the illusion of making a change when none has been made.

I love everyone here, even those I disagree with, you will be in my prayers. +JMJ+ Augustinian.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” (St. Matt. 7:15)

"There can be nothing more dangerous than those heretics who admit nearly the whole series of doctrine, and yet by one word, as with a drop of poison, taint the real and simple Faith taught by Our Lord and handed down by Apostolic tradition." - Pope Leo XIII, Satis Cognitum
I'm sorry to see you go. Even tho' we often disagree, it's always helpful to read your well thought out and to the point posts. Go with God.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed
I like reading your posts. Don't sell yourself short.

I think it is a good idea to step back from online stuff every once in a while. I hope you come back after a break.

God bless.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • Ambrosiano, MyLady
I’ve done this before, but, as should be pretty self-evident, I’m still posting here.
I don’t know which posts of yours you’re referring to, but I know the feeling of posting something and then reflecting on things and realizing you would have been far better off spending your time in prayer.
But I wouldn’t cut our FE altogether — perhaps just check in once per day, or every second day, or whenever. You can adjust your focus to prayer, spiritual reading & study and still drop in every few days.

At this time, your request to leave has been denied.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • jack89, jovan66102, Memories_in_Rain
(11-21-2020, 02:33 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I think I'm going to take my leave from here, maybe for a while, maybe forever. But I've realized that I'm not contributing much by posting here, I'm not bettering my spiritual life arguing with people on the nuances of Catholicism. I feel as though I am just spinning my wheels, shifting from one subject to another, making no real actual change in my life. It seems as though these pockets of socialization like forums and social media are a means to keep the Truth contained and compartmentalized, away from the real world; to give the illusion of making a change when none has been made.

I love everyone here, even those I disagree with, you will be in my prayers. +JMJ+ Augustinian.
I hope you know as you leave that you have helped me very much in all of my posts you have commented on, so you have definitely contributed much more than you think. We will all miss you!
God Bless, you will be in our prayers, and may Mary keep you always.

Sincerely,
Noah
“Books are the most wonderful friends in the world. When you meet them and pick them up, they are always ready to give you a few ideas. When you put them down, they never get mad; when you take them up again, they seem to enrich you all the more.” 

― Fulton J. Sheen
You were always one of my favorite posters. Though I haven’t read it yet, it was thanks to you I got Fr Seraphim Rose’s book on creation. And I am considering getting my left-wing agnostic sister that book on Tao and Christ.

Anywho, I really personally think there is a limit to the good social brings even when used for something good like discussion of the Catholic faith. I am typically on here most when I have purged myself from Twitter and still trying to find ways to procrastinate. So my personal experience agrees with you and I think less time on the forums and more time in the real world is best for almost everyone almost all the time.

God Bless you. I know things are so messy in Church right now. But I pray Christ keeps you close to His Sacred Heart.