Anthony Stine's recent video
Hello!

Did anyone happen to hear the video about Marie Julie Jahenny and the Litany of the Passion?

Does anyone pray the litany?  Is it licit?

Marie Julie Jahenny: Devotional Prayers – RETURN TO TRADITION

Pax
I'd be careful with many of these type of things.

Marie Julie Jahenny had the support of Msgr Félix Fournier, Bishop of Nantes, when she was alive. He had a very positive opinion of her, and she seems to me like a holy woman who probably had some very choice graces from God, but that does not mean that everything attributed to her is safe, good, or even actually from her.

It tends to be a near universal phenomenon that these type of people attract followers who are much less holy and begin to manipulate what the mystics themselves write or say. We see this from the earliest age of the church with plenty of Gnostic gospels and heretics. We see it with St Francis (the Fraticelli heretics manipulated many of his "prophecies" and sayings to fit their own narrative. We see it in plenty of modern "mystics" and "apparitions".

So, unless the Church officially approves a vision or prophecy, or give its imprimatur to writings or alleged prophecies, we should consider them suspect. The default position of a Catholic is that someone which is not found official approved sources is probably not approved and should be avoided.

As regards the Purple Scapular and this "Litany" of the Passion, these are not approved, and Canon Law requires such devotionals and prayer be approved and given an imprimatur to be distributed. These have never been. As the priest at our SSPX chapel said, he refuses to bless any scapular which does not have a blessing in the Roman Ritual. 

I also have some issues with some of what I've read in Marie Julie Jahenny's reported prophecies.

Her proponents are also one of the sources for the claim that St Pio approved of the "Three Days of Darkness" which the compilers of his Opera Omnia have said exists in none of his public or private writings.

In short, you don't need any of these things, we have Fatima, we have plenty of certainly Church approved and recommended practices like the daily Rosary. Worry about this first, and worry about doing you duty of state well. Don't worry about questionable and possibly problematic things.
(11-22-2020, 05:50 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I'd be careful with many of these type of things.

Marie Julie Jahenny had the support of Msgr Félix Fournier, Bishop of Nantes, when she was alive. He had a very positive opinion of her, and she seems to me like a holy woman who probably had some very choice graces from God, but that does not mean that everything attributed to her is safe, good, or even actually from her.

It tends to be a near universal phenomenon that these type of people attract followers who are much less holy and begin to manipulate what the mystics themselves write or say. We see this from the earliest age of the church with plenty of Gnostic gospels and heretics. We see it with St Francis (the Fraticelli heretics manipulated many of his "prophecies" and sayings to fit their own narrative. We see it in plenty of modern "mystics" and "apparitions".

So, unless the Church officially approves a vision or prophecy, or give its imprimatur to writings or alleged prophecies, we should consider them suspect. The default position of a Catholic is that someone which is not found official approved sources is probably not approved and should be avoided.

As regards the Purple Scapular and this "Litany" of the Passion, these are not approved, and Canon Law requires such devotionals and prayer be approved and given an imprimatur to be distributed. These have never been. As the priest at our SSPX chapel said, he refuses to bless any scapular which does not have a blessing in the Roman Ritual. 

I also have some issues with some of what I've read in Marie Julie Jahenny's reported prophecies.

Her proponents are also one of the sources for the claim that St Pio approved of the "Three Days of Darkness" which the compilers of his Opera Omnia have said exists in none of his public or private writings.

In short, you don't need any of these things, we have Fatima, we have plenty of certainly Church approved and recommended practices like the daily Rosary. Worry about this first, and worry about doing you duty of state well. Don't worry about questionable and possibly problematic things.

Thank you for the thorough response.  I understand what you laid out.  Thank you.

God bless