Pope refuses to meet with Dubia but hosts reception for radical NBA players
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/no...al-justice
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
Just two weeks to flatten the curve, folks.

And Francis is definitely pope.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • Bushum, newenglandsun, Some Guy
Isnt inviting sports players to meet the pope a bit ...bad?
Theyre just moving a ball,I cant imagine a middle ages Pope receiving a group of rugby players or something.
(11-24-2020, 04:50 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Just two weeks to flatten the curve, folks.

And Francis is definitely pope.

Both equally believable.

I hope everyone noticed the lack of masks.  But Christmas is cancelled, for safety.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bushum's post:
  • newenglandsun
(11-24-2020, 07:13 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: ...I cant imagine a middle ages Pope receiving a group of rugby players or something.

I can't imagine a middle ages pope openly teaching heresy and facilitating idol worship either, but alas.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bushum's post:
  • newenglandsun, PilgrimMichelangelo, rfournier103, SacraCor714
(11-24-2020, 07:13 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: Isnt inviting sports players to meet the pope a bit ...bad?
Theyre just moving a ball,I cant imagine a middle ages Pope receiving a group of rugby players or something.

Why's it bad? There's nothing wrong with playing sports (even if there's a lot wrong with their current politics). But I suppose these entertainers who have developed their physical skills far beyond what most of us can do, giving enjoyment and relaxation to a whole lot of people, aren't worthy of meeting the Pope. Should they avoid Mass, too, since they just move balls around?

Even though all this 'racial justice' and 'systemic racism' stuff is false, at least they're doing something and trying to improve the world, as they see it. And that's more than just 'moving balls around'. They're using their influence to promote their causes, and that's far more than most people do. If a group of athletes promoted Christian values instead of Marxist ones, and we had a good Pope, why shouldn't he meet with them?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • newenglandsun
(11-25-2020, 12:34 PM)Paul Wrote: Why's it bad? There's nothing wrong with playing sports

No, but a bunch of "professional athletes" meeting with the pope in something that's clearly a staged photo-op is not something that seems very becoming of the papacy.

Not that popes haven't been doing photo ops for decades now. I just don't like the pope making photo ops. He's got so much to do that we really ought to rarely see him outside the Vatican.
(11-24-2020, 07:13 PM)xsantiagox Wrote: Isnt inviting sports players to meet the pope a bit ...bad?

No, but a number of medieval popes would have gladly received a group of courtesans.