Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-26-2020, 07:55 AM)NSMSSS Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 02:20 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Why don't you ask your SSPX priest (who has care of your soul) instead of a bunch of random people on an internet forum who are never going to agree on this kind of issue?

Because there is a clear answer to this question: Yes, because the Novus Ordo is a valid Mass.  Case closed.  Those who say otherwise are wrong.

I’ve heard, and I could be 100% incorrect, that the SSPX considers the NO Mass sinful, attending/assisting at a NO Mass a sin, and recommends praying the Rosary instead of going to a NO Mass.  it goes without saying they do not believe it fulfills one’s Sunday obligation.

Take it for what it’s worth, but this is one of the reasons I personally consider them to be a schismatic group.

http://archives.sspx.org/Catholic_FAQs/c...dnovusordo

If you have the good fortune of having an FSSP apostolate or ICKSP parish near to you, I’d recommend discussing your concerns with one of their priests, since the SSPX priest likely already has his “official” answer at the ready.

PS: The FSSP and ICKSP priests will tell you the NO Mass is valid.  Because it is.  It being offered reverently, or not, is a separate from its validity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it everOK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by Pandora - 11-26-2020, 09:37 AM