Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-26-2020, 10:46 AM)Pandora Wrote: I wasn’t making the argument that the ICKSP and the FSSP, in particular, didn’t begin as offshoots, at least conceptually, of the SSPX.  They are both, however, in full communion with Rome. The SSPX is not.

The Holy See disagrees. Those who are not in communion with the Church cannot receive faculties from the Church. Their priests cannot be given jurisdiction to judge ecclesiastical criminal cases. Both of those things have happened. My local SSPX priest also has faculties from the bishop to witness marriages. Again, impossible to give to a schismatic.

Schism has a proper ecclesiastical definition. The SSPX do not fit it.

That does not mean they are 100% right about everything, nor does it make everything they say or do good, but we have to stop this subjective opinions and misinformation about them (and the other groups). There are objective facts, and oddly, if one follows what the Holy See itself has said and done, there is no way to come up with "schism"

(11-26-2020, 10:46 AM)Pandora Wrote: Objectively no sedevacantist group can have good priests, unless we’re using those words in the same way one might describe a good Protestant minister, since that’s essentially what they are.

Again, you throw around terms making them meaningless.

Sedevacantist reject that there is any pope. Disobedience, even if that is what the SSPX does, is not sedevacantism, nor is its quasi-sedevacantism. Most Sedevacantists would not want to be associated with the SSPX because of their support of the Pope, which makes you claim pretty silly.

Similarly, Protestants reject the Papacy itself and Papal authority. That's neither the SSPX nor any Sedevacantist group I know of. In fact, they claim to support the papacy by questioning the quasi-heretical statements and actions of Popes to defend the Office of the Papacy. Even if they are wrong, that demonstrates they accept the principle, which is exactly what Protestant reject.
[-] The following 5 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • abububba, austenbosten, HailGilbert, Ioannes_L, Some Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it everOK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by MagisterMusicae - 11-26-2020, 02:21 PM