Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-28-2020, 01:50 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Havent read the whole thread, but I think it's worth pointing out that even Fr Ripperger has said that you should not attend a NO Mass that makes a sacrilege of the Holy Sacrifice. Obviously that's a less strict position than the SSPX, but I just wanted to throw it out there that it isn't just SSPX priests telling people not to attend inappropriate Masses.

Correct, no one should ever knowingly and willingly participate in a sacrilege. The question is when does the Mass become a sacrilege? At that point, the Mass would also become invalid, wouldn't it?

I've seen my fair share of liturgical abuse but only once have been witness to a Mass that may have been compromised by the priest's incompetence. Even then, I'm not sure what to have made of that incident.

For some, however, the moment the priest does anything that's not in the red or says something that's not in the black, then the Mass has become "sacrilegious". I doubt the bar's quite that high, but where does it lie?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by NSMSSS - 11-28-2020, 01:57 PM