Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-28-2020, 11:49 AM)NSMSSS Wrote: The Council is without error and fully orthodox (in so far as one can look at the vagueness of the documents and say, "Well, you're not wrong").

Cite a single authoritative magisterial source which says that Vatican II in infallible (i.e. without error).

I would note that Msgr Athanasius Schneider, the Holy See's official visitor/delegate to the SSPX seminaries in 2012, in 2013 publicly called for a "correction" to Vatican II because of its errors and ambiguities. I won't link to the interview because it came from a Catholic news organization that afterward became a salacious tabloid, but you're welcome to look for that interview if you want.

(11-28-2020, 11:49 AM)NSMSSS Wrote: It is a whole host of scandalous actions that have been done in the name of the Council that are erroneous and unorthodox.

Dignitatis Humanæ is directly contrary to previous teachings, specifically, Pius XI's Mortalium animos, Leo XIII's Libertas and Immortale Dei, Gregory XVI's Mirari Vos, and Bl. Pius IX's Quanta Cura. In those documents the notion that one had a civil right to believe in error is infallibly condemned.

The only people who have even attempted to "save" Dignitatis Humanæ are Fr Brian Harrison, and Dr Thomas Pink. Both have been shown to be inadequate to establish the doctrine taught by Dignitatis Humanæ as compatible with those or taught by the magisterium before Vatican II. Dubia submitted to the Holy See have gone unanswered.

(11-28-2020, 11:49 AM)NSMSSS Wrote: I only go based on what I have heard from those who have a far better knowledge of the ins-and-outs of the SSPX and what they have relayed to me.

So you're entire position against the SSPX is built on hearsay. Not a very good foundation.

Is this people who have direct contact with the superiors, or just people who "know" things? Usually the latter are worth about as much as you pay for their advice.

(11-28-2020, 11:49 AM)NSMSSS Wrote: Many within the SSPX don't accept the NO when it is a valid Mass.

What is this supposed to mean?

They don't accept it as a valid Mass? or they think it is valid, but reject it?

If the latter, does that not just go back to the questions I asked Pandora?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it everOK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by MagisterMusicae - 11-29-2020, 12:29 AM