Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
Quote:NSMSSS Wrote:
MagisterMusicae Wrote: Wrote:They don't accept it as a valid Mass? or they think it is valid, but reject it?

They don't accept it as a valid Mass.  One SSPX faithful I know asserts up and down that the NO is invalid and illicit.  I can't say how many SSPX faithful would agree, but he's definitely not the only one who would think this

I am Catholic who goes to chapels which are served by the SSPX. 

My question to you, so what? 

Who cares what some SSPX faithful think. They don't actually get to make official decisions for the Society. If you want to understand what the Society thinks, ask them about it.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Tertius's post:
  • MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by Justin Tertius - 11-29-2020, 01:23 PM