Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: Invalidity and illicit are distinct things. I'll let others with better theological training the myself draw that out.

That doesn't change the fact that neither are applicable to the Novus Ordo.

(11-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: If you have a problem with people saying the N.O. Missae is invalid, then take it up with them specifically. The SSPX does not hold that position.

No, but again, as quoted earlier in this thread, they would encourage you to stay home if your only option is the Novus Ordo.

(11-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: I don't encourage attendance either, and for various reasons. One has to deal with those reasons and assess whether or not he thinks attendance at the Novus Ordo would be detrimental to his faith. 

I think that it would be a danger, which is why I do not attend.

Not all Novus Ordos can be termed dangerous.  There are some priests who celebrate it properly according to the rubrics.  I will readily admit that's a small number, but they exist nonetheless.

Even then, it still may not be a danger to your faith if you are well grounded in your faith and can withstand others' mistakes.  You should be fulfilling your Sunday obligation.  It would have to be a very grave circumstance for it to be better for you to stay home than to not go to the only Mass available if it's a Novus Ordo.  It may be unpleasant, but you can offer up the graces you can receive at that Mass for the reparation of the situation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NSMSSS's post:
  • Pandora

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by NSMSSS - 11-29-2020, 08:59 PM