Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass?
(11-29-2020, 08:59 PM)NSMSSS Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: If you have a problem with people saying the N.O. Missae is invalid, then take it up with them specifically. The SSPX does not hold that position.

No, but again, as quoted earlier in this thread, they would encourage you to stay home if your only option is the Novus Ordo.

You keep bringing this point up, again, as if it were a clear and obvious problem, that we should all see as evidence of the SSPX's incorrect position.

You fail to see the reason why the SSPX makes this argument. That's pretty critical and was the whole point of discussing the Black Mass or Methodist-Catholic hybrid service I proposed as a thought experiment.

(11-29-2020, 08:59 PM)NSMSSS Wrote: Not all Novus Ordos can be termed dangerous.  There are some priests who celebrate it properly according to the rubrics.  I will readily admit that's a small number, but they exist nonetheless.

And why does celebrating according to the rubrics guarantee that a Novus Ordo Mass is not a danger to one's faith?

(11-29-2020, 08:59 PM)NSMSSS Wrote: It would have to be a very grave circumstance for it to be better for you to stay home than to not go to the only Mass available if it's a Novus Ordo.

Would my hybrid Methodist-Catholic ceremony be a reason to stay home?

What circumstances to you think would justify staying home?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Justin Tertius

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ever OK to attend a Novus Ordo Mass? - by MagisterMusicae - 11-29-2020, 09:17 PM