Husband upset that I took phone call from ex-boyfriend
(12-01-2020, 09:44 AM)Made New Wrote: Fulton Fan,

I respectfully disagree with your belief that a 45 minute conversation was excessive, because it was someone who I've known for a long time and hadn't spoken with in a decade.

My husband and I have different opinions on whether someone can be "just friends" with a person they dated for 7 years.  I believe it is possible, while my husband believes that there will always be "something special" between my ex-boyfriend and me.  I think he feels that way because my ex-boyfriend was also my "first love."  But, my husband's way of thinking is wrong.

From the Sacrament-of-Marriage perspective, I know that I've done nothing wrong.  I've always been faithful and have never done anything to betray my husband.  It's hurtful that he has overreacted to this situation in the way he has.

If you put something divisive between yourself and your husband in marriage, then you have done something wrong.

If by “dated for seven years” and “first love” you are saying that this “ex” either had your virginity or had sex with you, then your husband is even more right to be grieved...because taking a call from said person and then protracting it into a 45 minute conversation is hardly “forsaking all others.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes yablabo's post:
  • SacraCor714

Messages In This Thread
RE: Husband upset that I took phone call from ex-boyfriend - by yablabo - 12-01-2020, 09:51 AM