Husband upset that I took phone call from ex-boyfriend
(12-01-2020, 08:20 PM)Ptochos Wrote: You can be unfaithful with your affections and trust and sharing. It's not just carnal sex that can damage a relationship and wound a man.

Indeed.  Our Lord has told us that adultery begins in the heart.  Adultery need not be a physical thing, it can occur in the heart.  An "emotional affair" is a grave matter and can be quite damaging to a married couple.  From the sounds of it, our OP didn't intend any such thing but sins like adultery (literal and within the heart) need to be constantly guarded against.  Honestly, I can't think of a single old girlfriend from 15 years ago or so that I would really need back in my life.  I'd prioritize the feelings of those in my life now over reconnecting with someone from a decade and a half ago.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • jack89, SacraCor714, The Fairy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Husband upset that I took phone call from ex-boyfriend - by SeekerofChrist - 12-01-2020, 09:30 PM