Catholic Attitudes Towards Alcohol
Ha.  Who wants to throw out a grenade post: Can you become drunk from consecrated wine?

When I was in college, one of the priest professors told me a lot more priests than one might expect were actually consecrating grape must, which is just barely wine, instead of “normal” sacramental wine.  He said they had become alcoholics from offering a number of Masses every day for years.  For the sake of being charitable, we’ll let that lie there.

I believe I’ve had the Precious Blood 3 or 4 times in my life.  The latest occurrence was when there was a strange Greek priest (not Byzantine) at the NO parish I attended.  I got up to the front of the Divine Chow Line and there he was with an intinction set, dipping with reckless abandon.  Well, I’m not a drinker and I only lived a block and a half away, but I had serious doubts about my ability to walk home.  Needless to say, I was not focused on the Lord as I should have been that day.  PS: He was “relocated” 2 weeks later.

As an aside, is there ever a time when someone other than the priest would receive the Precious Blood at a TLM (or outside of it, too, I guess)?

Messages In This Thread
Catholic Attitudes Towards Alcohol - by NSMSSS - 12-01-2020, 05:26 PM
RE: Catholic Attitudes Towards Alcohol - by Pandora - 12-03-2020, 05:36 AM