smart drug use acceptable?
Quote:As for other "drugs" like marijuana, they cause no benefit to healthy people. They do seem to cause some benefit to some sick people, and thus treat a disease or its symptoms, which is the classic definition of a "drug" or "medicine". These "drugs" cause harm without benefit in healthy people.

Many substances used as "drugs" benefit healthy people. Adderall helps some people study. WWII pilots were given amphetamines to stay alert. Aspirin is used by healthy people as a preventive. Same with red wine per its effects on the heart and its soporific qualities (is red wine a food or a drug or both?). Healthy people use the herbs mentioned earlier (and many others), herbs which are used as medicines (or "drugs" given the definition above).  Some people might periodically take a benadryl because they can't sleep and have to be up early. Baking soda is used intravenously to treat metabolic acidosis, swallowed to treat simple heartburn, or used to bake cakes or clean a fridge. Vitamin C can be taken to maintain general health, or be used as a "drug" to treat scurvy. Etc. Obviously, any substance can be abused, and that includes those that can be used for benefit by the sick or the healthy. 

Me, I don't know anything about "smart drugs" (I don't even know what they are. Caffeine? Nicotine? Some other substance?), think that people have knee-jerk reactions to the word "drug," and think the OP should take it up with his priest (and doctor, since this pertains to physical health).
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s

Messages In This Thread
smart drug use acceptable? - by confusedwalrus23 - 12-02-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by Chadster - 12-02-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by Pandora - 12-02-2020, 12:02 PM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by FultonFan - 12-02-2020, 12:23 PM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by Pandora - 12-02-2020, 01:06 PM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by Pandora - 12-02-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by CaptCrunch73 - 12-02-2020, 02:54 PM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by VoxClamantis - 12-03-2020, 07:07 AM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by Pandora - 12-03-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: smart drug use acceptable? - by jack89 - 12-03-2020, 08:01 AM