Adoration
I am available to go to adoration on thursday evening to an FSSP parish. I just don't know what to expect and how to prepare for it. (I come from a NO familly) 
Any hint, tips?
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Fairy's post:
  • LionHippo
(12-03-2020, 09:42 PM)The Fairy Wrote: I am available to go to adoration on thursday evening to an FSSP parish. I just don't know what to expect and how to prepare for it. (I come from a NO familly) 
Any hint, tips?

when i go usually the rosary or an Hour of Reparation, Angelus Press has a book. Do you have a good prayer book? Usually there are adoration prayers. Bible for Lectio Divina. Meditations.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptCrunch73's post:
  • LionHippo
(12-03-2020, 09:42 PM)The Fairy Wrote: I am available to go to adoration on thursday evening to an FSSP parish. I just don't know what to expect and how to prepare for it. (I come from a NO familly) 
Any hint, tips?

Is it a Benediction following Mass?  My FSSP parish holds Thursday evening Mass, followed by Benediction.  

Any type of meditative prayer is a good choice for adoration.  Even sitting in silence and doing an examen is fruitful.  Scripture reading is another option.
This page from the FishEaters website might help: https://www.fisheaters.com/eucharisticadoration.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • The Fairy
(12-03-2020, 09:42 PM)The Fairy Wrote: I come from a NO family) 

That doesn't necessarily follow. I've attended several NO Parishes that had regular Adoration followed by Benediction. Even my little country Parish now, whilst we don't have it weekly, we do have it frequently.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • The Fairy
Any hint, tips?

I second what everyone else is saying, all good advice.  It won’t, or at least shouldn’t, be essentially different from an orthodox NO Adoration and Holy Hour.  Just take everything in if it’s your first time experiencing it.  If you can’t follow along in the books, don’t worry about it.  Remember, if you become irrecoverably lost, there’s never any shame in praying the Rosary.

On the more physical side of things, if you’re not veiling already, I do highly suggest that you wear a veil.  If you feel weird about it or don’t have the spare cash or time to get one, a nice winter hat would be just fine, too.  Sometimes there are even loaner veils available in the vestibules, and I’m sure they’ve been washed, but they are still loaner veils nonetheless.  You also might want to make it a point to wear a skirt or dress instead of dress slacks.  No one is looking at you, but it will make you feel more comfortable if you aren’t the only one wearing pants.  That being said, if you have a condition that requires you to wear pants (I’m thinking of something like a broken leg) don’t feel bad about wearing pants, either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pandora's post:
  • The Fairy