Monastic Diurnal
(12-04-2020, 02:56 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Any Monastic Diurnal users?

The latest edition is out and they have gone back to the thinner version. Got my new copy recently and am very happy with the thinner format. Was not a fan in any way of the thicker version in the last format.

http://www.theabbeyshop.com/product_info...cts_id=745

Thanks for informing us of this- and thanks for helping me spend more money $$ !
I'm going to budget for the thinner one. It looks very nice!

ETA: Can someone post a picture of the thick version and thin version side by side?
ETA 2: Never mind, I found a picture on The Abbey's website-

[Image: 2Mxle60l.jpg]
Member- St. Maximilian Kolbe's Militia of the Immaculata
Latin Mass every Sunday/Holy Day
Owner of www.churchlatin.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes IV_Catholic's post:
  • Basil3HCm
My new edition came in yesterday. 
Overall- I love it. Very compact and petite, but feels study and well made.
Nice embossing on the front cover and the slip case is great.
Pages are white instead of the cream color of the previous edition.

If I could only make two very small criticisms- The text extends too far into the gutter of the book. If there is any curve left in the pages when you are reading, it is a bit difficult to read. The book has to be pushed flat to read the text. The previous edition suffered the same situation. It's tolerable- just a bit annoying.
And the slip case it just a bit too tight. You have turn it over and give it shake to get the book out. I guess the plus side is it will never fall out!

Last picture is comparison to the previous edition. Its almost half as thick.

[Image: MAMyhhgl.jpg]

[Image: ZcF7d8kl.jpg]

[Image: O6lLBOrl.jpg]

[Image: SFtBAHQl.jpg]

[Image: B2X8tO3l.jpg]

[Image: ppApwSYl.jpg]
Member- St. Maximilian Kolbe's Militia of the Immaculata
Latin Mass every Sunday/Holy Day
Owner of www.churchlatin.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes IV_Catholic's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Coincidentally, even tho' I'm a Carmelite Tertiary and I pray the Roman Breviary, I share the daily reading from the Rule of St Benedict every night at 00.02 on my blog. Right now, we're in the middle of the section on the Office and how the Psalms are distributed through the Hours.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Basil3HCm
I have a copy of this on the way from Clear Creek Abbey.

Years ago after RCIA, I would pray in the church, I can't remember what its called, but there was a Host in the room, and people came in and out for quiet prayer time. Well, I would go and just sit, read my bible, and think. I noticed a guy would often be there at the same time as me and was very passionate in his prayer, and he had this book called "Christian Prayer". So, I found a copy and started to teach myself how to do it, and later had some help from folks at the church.

Well, in my time away from the faith, I lost that book.

Now that I am coming back, I wanted a new prayer book, and being I am very curious about all things Trad, I was lead to this site, this thread, and ordered this book.

Im excited to get my hands on it and discover more about it. From what I gather, it can be quite intense, and likely will consume more time than my old Christian Prayer book, but that is ok. I will read it, pray with it, and see where it takes me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes venandi's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Perpetual Adoration, that is what it was/is called. Haha. Man, its been a while, and its crazy how much one can forget.
[-] The following 1 user Likes venandi's post:
  • Basil3HCm