Rorate Caeli Mass
I am going to my first Rorate Caeli Mass tomorrow morning.  I am really excited.  Just wanted to share with someone that would understand.  :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • Elle19
It’s my favorite Mass of the season.  It’s heavenly going into the church and everything just being lit with candles, and then the sun coming out slowly.

I can do without having to wake up at 0430, though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pandora's post:
  • CatholicMamato5
(12-04-2020, 05:50 PM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: I am going to my first Rorate Caeli Mass tomorrow morning.  I am really excited.  Just wanted to share with someone that would understand.  :)

It is quite a beautiful experience.  Well worth the very early morning.
(12-04-2020, 05:50 PM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: I am going to my first Rorate Caeli Mass tomorrow morning.  I am really excited.  Just wanted to share with someone that would understand.  :)

Did you make it to the Mass?  How was it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • CatholicMamato5
(12-07-2020, 09:49 PM)LionHippo Wrote:

Did you make it to the Mass?  How was it?

I did!  It was beautiful.  Definitely worth getting up and out early for.  We are attempting Midnight Mass this year with all the girls.  The bigger girls are excited.  I am too!
I've never been to a Rorate Cæli Mass, but I'm reminded of an experience when I was an Anglican. The staff of our cathedral parish were all extreme Anglo-Catholics. Our bishop, not so much.

There is an unofficial liturgy in the Anglican Church known as the 'Anglican Missal'. It is essentially the Book of Common Prayer Communion Service, with the addition of the Tridentine Missal as it existed before Pius XII's reforms. It was used in some parishes in the diocese, but not in the cathedral, because of the bishop. In fact, if the rector of a parish that did use it had it on the altar when the bishop visited, he would be told in no uncertain terms to remove it. Not to quit using it, but 'out of sight, out of mind' during the visitation.

At any rate, the youth group chaplain wanted to use it at least once, so we all could experience it. However, we had to be careful because the bishop lived directly behind the cathedral and often popped in to the church or the offices.

So, well before sunrise on a cold winter's morning we gathered in the chapel. We couldn't turn the lights on since the stained glass windows of the chapel looked out at the bishop's house. If he happened to be up early, we were caught! So in a dim chapel, lit only by candles, I had my first experience of the Anglican Missal. (I later joined a parish where it was used at every 'mass'.)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • CatholicMamato5