The Christmas (Eve) menu and trying not to have anxiety over it
(12-05-2020, 12:49 PM)Pandora Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 11:55 AM)yablabo Wrote: I am working on low sugar, low sodium treats (and lower fats as well).  In addition, I am considering ordering in a slice of kugelis from my cousin’s bakery in Chicago.  Normally I would make my own, but being on a restricted diet means there will be no one to finish an entire tray! I may drag out my latke recipe and make one or two as a special lunch, but I haven’t decided.

For the most part, my husband and I will have roast beef with fresh vegetables and fruit.

You’ll have meat on Christmas Eve?  I must admit, that’s an utterly foreign concept to me.  Christmas Day is when the meat comes out.

For snacks, there are decent recipes for SF merengue cookies that will tick most of the boxes you’re aiming to.  They are laborious and time consuming to make, require a piping bag, and will tie up your oven for the entirety of the day, but you’ll know exactly what is and isn’t in them.

We do not practice the fasting and abstinence on Christmas Eve; it is no longer obligatory.  I think that is great that some people choose to keep the custom alive, though.  Good on you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Christmas (Eve) menu and trying not to have anxiety over it - by yablabo - 12-05-2020, 11:36 PM