The Christmas (Eve) menu and trying not to have anxiety over it
(12-07-2020, 10:25 PM)Pandora Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 10:08 PM)Elle19 Wrote: How do you do all this?!

I guess find a way to do it because it's what my family's always done, but don't think I won't get started the Monday before Christmas Eve.  There's something especially beautiful about keeping tradition alive, even when it's difficult to accomplish a task.

In a practical sense, the soups have to be made at least one day ahead anyway, and some things can be 90% finished and parked in the fridge without any deterioration in quality. I might even make the desserts over the next two weekends and freeze them.

I really want to bring these sorts of things back. I’ve been collecting liturgical living books, and we’ve been benefiting SO MUCH from them! But no one taught us how to do any of this stuff. My husband, for example, was raised Catholic, but was never even taught how to say grace before meals, and my mother used to serve meat on Christmas Eve *facepalm* so we have had a long road behind us to even get where we are and an even longer road to go!!! Restoring Tradition is very important, and traditional food is incredibly important in bringing back Tradition. (Capitalization emphasis involved bouncing between threads, mea culpa!)

But because no one ever taught me how to do this, sometimes I think I need a checklist hahahaha

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Christmas (Eve) menu and trying not to have anxiety over it - by Elle19 - 12-09-2020, 03:32 PM