Vaccines....
I've read that both Moderna and Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines are mRNA based. I think the first of their kind, mass produced anyway. They claim that it won't modify DNA, but I'm not so sure. Probably not, but RNA can have an affect on DNA, I just don't know the particulars about the vaccine to be sure. That's pretty heady stuff.

Even so, I'll probably get the vaccine. My brother's an ER doctor and thinks the Moderna vaccine will be more widely available to the public, and soon. I think they used fetal tissue in early research, but the current vaccine doesn't have any (I think). AstraZeneca-Oxford has a covid-19 vaccine in the works as well. It's old school and doesn't go the mRNA route. It's less effective, but I don't think fetal tissue was ever used in its development.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • SeeTheLight, Zedta
One of my sister-cousins and her husband had a boy in 2005.  He was brain injured within 6 mos by one of the vaccines in his WELL visit course.  He is now autistic.  It took over a decade to make it through the vaccine court to get a settlement.

I believe my sisters, brother and I also were vaccine injured as babies.  Two of my sisters now have learning disabilities leaving them functionally illiterate (though one is a medical assistant and the other is a diesel mechanic) my brother has developed narcolepsy and I have a history of adverse reactions to vaccine boosters in addition.

My youngest sister is an anti-vaxxer since her daughter had an adverse reaction (brain swelling) after her 1 year WELL vaccines.  Her daughter is 8 now, but also learning disabled.

I also have a brother-cousin whose youngest daughter was temporarily comatose and paralyzed from the waist down by the Gardasil vaccine she was given when she was 11.  It took her months to relearn to walk.

I’m not writing of this to fear-monger, but at the very minimum genetic testing should be done on a baby to make sure there are no mitochondrial disorders that will predispose the baby to an adverse reaction from vaccine administration.
[-] The following 3 users Like yablabo's post:
  • LionHippo, Some Guy, Zedta
(12-10-2020, 07:57 PM)jack89 Wrote: I've read that both Moderna and Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines are mRNA based.  I think the first of their kind, mass produced anyway.  They claim that it won't modify DNA, but I'm not so sure.  Probably not, but RNA can have an affect on DNA, I just don't know the particulars about the vaccine to be sure.  That's pretty heady stuff. 

Even so, I'll probably get the vaccine.  My brother's an ER doctor and thinks the Moderna vaccine will be more widely available to the public, and soon.  I think they used fetal tissue in early research, but the current vaccine doesn't have any (I think).  AstraZeneca-Oxford has a covid-19 vaccine in the works as well.  It's old school and doesn't go the mRNA route.  It's less effective, but I don't think fetal tissue was ever used in its development.

AstraZeneca used the Human Embryonic Kidney 293 TREX cells from a baby aborted in 1973 to replicate the virus delivered in their vaccine.  They use a chimp cold virus as a conjugating agent/adjuvant to deliver their viral genetic material into the cells of the vaccine recipient.
[-] The following 2 users Like yablabo's post:
  • Some Guy, Zedta
I never got a flu shot as a kid, never heard of them until I was in the Navy and then had to get it along with a bunch for 3rd world diseases, anthrax, smallpox, and who knows what else. But over the last few years, the push to get the flu shot never ends. It's almost like they were trying to condition everyone to just cave in and get whatever shot they say will protect you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • Zedta
(12-10-2020, 08:18 PM)yablabo Wrote: AstraZeneca used the Human Embryonic Kidney 293 TREX cells from a baby aborted in 1973 to replicate the virus delivered in their vaccine.  They use a chimp cold virus as a conjugating agent/adjuvant to deliver their viral genetic material into the cells of the vaccine recipient.

Thanks for the information.  Good to know.  That really narrows options.
This is an issue of great concern to me as well.  My eldest daughter is 22 and in her early years, I just did what I was told and deferred to the expertise of her doctors.  After the birth of my second daughter, now almost 16, I started reading more, questioning more, etc..  

In those years I spaced vaccines out and was selective about what I let them have.  I always hated the shots and they just never set well with me.  My pediatrician during these years was very pro vaccine and while she "tolerated" my questions and my spacing - not giving vaccines was not an option.  She gave me a deadline and would "fire me" if I didn't comply.  We moved before this really became an issue.

We moved to New England 8 years ago and instead of going with a pediatrician, we opted to see a family doctor for everyone.  We really love him.  I don't think he agrees with my vaccination choices but he respects them.  We have stopped vaccinating.  He will ask me on well visits "Are we doing any shots today?" and I will ask him what is due and he will tell me, explain them all, give me his advice and then I decline.  He never pushes or makes me feel bad about my choices.  In the past 2 years he has been giving me the "refused to vaccine" forms.  He doesn't make me sign them.  He said he has a few other patients who don't sign and it hasn't been an issue to this point.  He said if it becomes an issue for him as far as his job goes.... he will need me to sign.  We will jump off that bridge when we get to it.  

I stopped vaccinating a few years ago and my younger children seem to get sick less often than my older children.  As far as the autism link - my neighbor in PA was part of the original Dr. Andrewfield, the doctor that published the research on the vaccine-autism link and was discredited and had his reputation ruined.  He stands by that research to this day and he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing so.  My neighbor wasn't the greatest but the one thing I truly believed was her story about her son.  He was her second child, a totally normal neurotypical 18 month old.  He had language and was active and playful.  He had the vaccination, screamed for 12 hours, lost all language and started stacking cans in the kitchen.  When I met him he was about 18 years old and severely autistic.  I do believe there is a correlation and it is a shame that he was shut down by big pharma before we could really understand things.  Why do some kids seem more damaged and affected than others?  I know there was a connection to gut health and my neighbor's son was on a special diet.  I also have a friend here that doesn't vaccinate and she is a pediatric nurse.  Before she had children, she noticed that the children who were vaccinated seemed sick more often that other children who hadn't been.  She did more research and made the decision not to vaccinate.  

I think it is good you are asking these questions and starting to do research.  I read The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears years ago and found it very informative.  That said, It would be a bit old and I am not sure if it has been updated.  I know he was actively researching vaccines so perhaps it has.  I would also check the link another poster gave you regarding the ethical manufacturing of vaccines and which ones contain aborted fetal tissue.  Find a doctor that respects you and that you trust.  A doctor's job is to heal and to inform.  Not to mandate or to push.  We should be given the best information available and choose freely.  You may want to consider joining a local homeschool group (even just an e-mail group) and asking about doctors in your area.  If you are considering homeschooling it is great to get connected with seasoned Moms.  The earlier the better!  Even if you aren't planning to home educate, we often have young Moms that join our groups in the early years as they discern what is best for their children and want to socialize with other Catholic families.  Prayers for your discernment.
[-] The following 3 users Like CatholicMamato5's post:
  • SacraCor714, Some Guy, Zedta
Leaving aside vaccines manufactured with the remains of aborted babies, I’m not against them.  That being said, I also think it’s prudent to only be vaccinated for things for which one is legitimately at risk.  I personally wouldn’t get vaccinated for malaria (if there even is such a vaccine) because I have close to 0% risk of contracting it.  It would be different if I lived in a mosquito infested jungle.

One specific vaccine I can’t get behind, again notwithstanding if it’s manufactured from babies, is the HPV vaccine that must be given to children no older than 12. I always thought HPV was an STD, and that was the only way to contract it. Why 12 years of age? Is that when they expect children to become sexually active, or does it need to rattle around in the body for 12 years until they get married? I am legitimately curious, and maybe I’m wrong about some of my assertions.

I’ve also always wondered why has the autism link cropped up fairly recently?  Unless it’s just the media pushing it to the forefront, I don’t remember this level or amount of children with autism even in the early 90’s.  I have an admittedly un-researched idea that it could be caused more by environmental factors, specifically chemical birth control.  Is anyone aware of scholarly research on chemical birth control and children’s health issues that appear after birth?
(12-11-2020, 09:33 AM)Pandora Wrote: That being said, I also think it’s prudent to only be vaccinated for things for which one is legitimately at risk.  I personally wouldn’t get vaccinated for malaria (if there even is such a vaccine) because I have close to 0% risk of contracting it.  It would be different if I lived in a mosquito infested jungle.

This brings up the question of vaccines required for access and travel.  Public schools and the military require you to take vaccines.  Certain countries have vaccinations requirements if you travel to them, and now we're looking at the possibility of proof of Covid-19 vaccination required by airlines.

I fully support those who don't want to take vaccines, for any reason, but that choice can be quite limiting.  It's something to consider in all of this. 

I personally think it's an acceptable risk to receive vaccines in order to do certain things like travel.  I received a slew of vaccines in the military, as did my kids, and didn't think twice about it.
Well I mean if I'm going to be inconvenienced I suppose I can be the test rat to more Big Pharma projects. *eye roll*

https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/35000-...-combined/
Ave Christus Rex!
(12-11-2020, 12:41 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Well I mean if I'm going to be inconvenienced I suppose I can be the test rat to more Big Pharma projects. *eye roll*

https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/35000-...-combined/

That would mean that over 20% of the people who received it died from it.  I don't think so.

I received the vaccine, a 5 shot series over 18 months, and didn't have a problem.  I administered the vaccine to hundreds in my unit during that time and don't recall any having serious problems.  

Maybe this is some wild extrapolation or something.  Even then, it'd be hard to hide that many deaths from a vaccine.  Sorry, not buying it.