Marriage Prep Gone Wrong
(12-16-2020, 09:10 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Francis is probably thrilled that someone is staying Protestant. 

Yeah, probably.  Francis would have us believe that God wills the plurality of religions, and there's no Catholic God, anyway, and we can hope all will be saved, and...why do people with those beliefs bother with a specific religion?

Anyway, I'm guessing Ms. Chen's rejection of quasi-Marxism is less thrilling for Francis.  She clearly isn't getting with the program of open borders, globalization, and a great reset.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
(12-16-2020, 09:10 PM)LionHippo Wrote: I don't know much about Lauren Chen, but based on her reaction to this class my guess is that I have more in common with her worldview than I do with most other Catholics.

Yep, that thought crossed my mind as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • LionHippo
It reminds me of a joke from the Cold War era about how you persuade a Christian to accept Communism.
First, you explain to the Christian that Communism is perfectly compatible with Christianity.
Then when you've got him convinced, you explain that Christianity is not at all compatible with Communism.
It used to be a joke but it's not funny anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sradha's post:
  • Ambrosiano