Merry Christmas, Fishies!
[Image: Gerard_van_Honthorst_-_Adoration_of_the_...622%29.jpg]

A merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night, etc., and including a happy new year! May you all rest in the peace of knowing God became man and was born of the Virgin. God became man -- think about that... Think about it with the words St. Ephraim puts into Our Lady's mouth:

Quote:How am I astonished that there is laid before me a Child, older than all things! His eye is gazing unceasingly upon Heaven. As for the stammering of His mouth, to my seeming it betokens, that with God its silence speaks.

Who ever saw a Child the whole of Whom beholds every place? His look is like one that orders all creatures that are above and that are below! His visage is like that Commander that commands all.

How shall I open the fountain of milk to You, O Fountain? Or how shall I give nourishment to You that nourishes all from Your Table? How shall I bring to swaddling clothes One wrapped round with rays of glory?

The Ancient of Days became a newborn. Laid to sleep in a manger, between an ox and an ass. And all for you. 2020's been rough, but that has been true all year, and will still be true in the year to come. This story has a happy ending.

OK, now is the time for the annual posting of the Mr. Bean and the Nativity Scene video. Ready? Here goes!:

And the more recent addition to the annual festive fare: Bing and Bowie, singing "Little Drummer Boy" in a gorgeous way:

And, of course, there's our beloved Teddy the Porcupine eating his Christmas cookie while wearing a Santa hat and complaining about something or other: 

(what I really need is a Christmas 'possum! I like the poor, misunderstood possums with their
weirdo isosceles triangle faces,  pinkish-white starfish hands, and dog teeth -- 50 of 'em.
So many people hate them, but they're really sweet animals, and they don't carry rabies!)

Anyway, I pray you've all got what you need and are with people you love and who love you back. With good food and music, too. And that someone gets you a present you really like. Enjoy the 12 days :)
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Buon Natale, Vox!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
In Irish Gaelic: Nollaig shona dhuit! (pronounced: Null-eg hunna ghwitch!)

In Scottish Gaelic: Nollaig Chridheil!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton