Priest calls police on mother of 11 praying in empty church without a mask
(12-29-2020, 07:57 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 04:31 PM)yablabo Wrote: Obedience is the hallmark of a christian.

Lex iniusta non est lex - St Augustine of Hippo and St Thomas Aquinas.

Since we are to be obedient to our pastors in all things but sin:  Where is the unjust character in the local authority making masks mandatory for egress to and from one’s pew? Or the unjust character of a pastor commanding a mask be worn in the pew?  Is it a sin to wear a mask?

My point is solely toward the attitude of disregard of the licit commands of the pastor.  The pastor did not ask the woman to bare her head or her bosom, but rather to cover her face.  Why does that elicit the cry “Non serviam!!”?
(12-29-2020, 07:33 PM)Zedta Wrote:
Obedience to what? Unbridled tyranny? Sorry. This is over the top. Authority acting without solid reason is tyranny. This was, in the end tyrannical behavior.

Obedience to one’s pastor.  and It’s not tyranny to exercise one’s authority.

It would be tyranny to fetter a mother to keep her from her duty to her husband and children, or to command her to sin.  The pastor did neither.
(12-29-2020, 09:20 PM)yablabo Wrote:
Obedience to what? Unbridled tyranny? Sorry. This is over the top. Authority acting without solid reason is tyranny. This was, in the end tyrannical behavior.

It would be tyranny to fetter a mother to keep her from her duty to her husband and children, or to command her to sin.  The pastor did neither.

I am not saying this to be funny but I truly believe this to be accurate.  You are the type of person who will willfully walk into the gas chamber in the spirit of obedience.  You may think that is a stretch and I am being hyperbolic but it all starts somewhere and your gross lack of understanding on this topic makes me confident in my assessment.  Your thought process and attitude makes me sick and it truly is quite pathetic.  To see this line of "reasoning" and behavior on a traditional Catholic forum is depressing. The saddest part is you think what you are saying makes you virtuous and a good Christian.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bushum's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102, karl, Pandora, Zedta
Some people need to find better things to do with their time.
(01-04-2021, 01:44 AM)Bushum Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:20 PM)yablabo Wrote:

I am not saying this to be funny but I truly believe this to be accurate.  You are the type of person who will willfully walk into the gas chamber in the spirit of obedience.  You may think that is a stretch and I am being hyperbolic but it all starts somewhere and your gross lack of understanding on this topic makes me confident in my assessment.  Your thought process and attitude makes me sick and it truly is quite pathetic.  To see this line of "reasoning" and behavior on a traditional Catholic forum is depressing. The saddest part is you think what you are saying makes you virtuous and a good Christian.

I think the priest could have handled it better. Quietly ask the lady and family if they have masks. Then explain WHY they need to wear masks, to keep her AND THE KIDS SAFE from other people as he doesn't want the children to get sick.Then tell her he'll go see if he has extra masks he can give them. Go and get any masks, and give them to the family.If she still refuses to wear one, then just say, well you can continue to pray, but next time you come you have to wear a mask.Then quote Jesus with Render unto Cesear's that which is Cesear's and render unto God that which is God's. I think she would get the hint unless she's really dense in the head.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HollyDolly's post:
  • Zedta