Any Cigar-Pipe Smokers?
This thread inspired me to go buy a cigar. I hadn't had one in years, so I chose a moderate bodied Nicaraguan (not mild bodied, but on the mild side of moderate). Espinosa Crema was great, I would definitely have it again. Even though it wasn't full body, it definitely did not lack flavor. No bitterness or harshness, just a moderate tobacco flavor with a light sweetness and some spice. Smooth. I had the robusto (smaller, fatter cigar), and as I finished it I was just starting to get too much nicotine... but because I don't smoke much my tolerance is pretty low. I would certainly recommend this one to any new cigar smoker.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

non qui parum habet, sed qui plus cupit, pauper est
I am an occasional pipe smoker, especially on cold winter nights when I wander, pipe in hand, under the stars for a bit of reflection and alone time with God. My favorite is a long stem corn cob pipe in the "Cobbit" collection from Missouri Meershaum Co. See here: https://corncobpipe.com/product/elf-cobb...-cob-pipe/. Usually I smoke a blend of Black and Cavendish tobacco which is smooth and lovely on the palate.

I would eventually like to branch out into other blends--any favorites to suggest?
(01-06-2021, 03:09 AM)PilgrimMichelangelo Wrote: I am an occasional pipe smoker, especially on cold winter nights when I wander, pipe in hand, under the stars for a bit of reflection and alone time with God.  My favorite is a long stem corn cob pipe in the "Cobbit" collection from Missouri Meershaum Co. See here: https://corncobpipe.com/product/elf-cobb...-cob-pipe/.  Usually I smoke a blend of Black and Cavendish tobacco which is smooth and lovely on the palate.

I would eventually like to branch out into other blends--any favorites to suggest?

Sounds like you like sweet tobacco. If you're looking for something new, just browse any pipe tobacco site for "aromatics" - those all have sweet toppings, and you can find a large variety of choices, from spices to fruit to whiskey. Which you prefer will depend on your palate.

When I first smoked a pipe I started on aromatics, then I stopped smoking for many years. After coming back for the occasional pipe, I don't much enjoy the aromatics, so my tastes are much different.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

non qui parum habet, sed qui plus cupit, pauper est
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo