A little fun for the fish-women! Fish-men welcome, too!
I can't stand the sight of a dirty dish, so I make quick work of cleaning them up and putting them away.

Cutting the grass and doing yard work are enjoyable. I like seeing tangible results of my work, e.g. "the grass was long, now it's short" or "there was a massive pile of leaves there, now it's gone." I don't mind vacuuming. I wouldn't say I really enjoy laundry, but I can make quick work of folding, especially when listening to something. I'll put on some Catholic youtube channels and tear through a basket of unfolded laundry in short order.

I do cook a lot, but we tend to buy many of the same foods over and over. With a picky younger son, sometimes we stick to basics. We do not make much from scratch, but wish we would do so more.

Overall, I cannot sit still, so if I see something that needs to be done, I just do it. I don't watch many shows or play games or anything, and I reserve reading for night, so the other time is filled spending time with my boys or working on stuff that needs to get done.

Admittedly, we are often just treading water; that is, just sticking on top of the necessary things to get done like laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, basic cleaning, etc. At some point, hopefully we'll be able to spend more time actually improving the house, but I suppose that time will come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • yablabo

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little fun for the fish-women! Fish-men welcome, too! - by LionHippo - 01-01-2021, 11:06 AM