Here I am (again!)
Hello everyone!

I am a Romanian, currently living in France. I used to attend this forum some years ago, when I used the nickname "Fortunatus", but I lost the password and my old mail address is no longer available, making it past recovery.
I am glad to meet you again and I am glad to see that a lot of contributors whom messages I appreciated as very contributive are still active. My proper rite is byzantine, but in France I attend the traditional roman-catholic Mass. This is because here seldom I find a byzantine-rite Mass, but, happily, roman-catholic Mass in usus antiquior is provided largerly. 

Please be indulgent with my poor grammar, since English is not my native language.

Laudetur Iesus Christus!
[-] The following 6 users Like Vir Iucundus's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Catherine, JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102, SacraCor714, ServusDei
Welcome back! Glad to see another Easterner here.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
(01-07-2021, 05:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Welcome back! Glad to see another Easterner here.
Do you attend an Eastern liturgy? I've always wanted to do so but have never had the opportunity
(01-09-2021, 07:29 PM)SECath Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 05:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Welcome back! Glad to see another Easterner here.
Do you attend an Eastern liturgy? I've always wanted to do so but have never had the opportunity

Unfortunately, I no longer drive and it's a bit over 40 miles to the nearest Eastern Rite Church, but in the past, I belonged to a Ruthenian Parish, and when I lived in Canada, I attended Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of the Eparchy of Edmonton.

If there is an Eastern Rite Parish anywhere near you, I highly recommend checking it out.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • AverageJoe
(01-09-2021, 07:53 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 07:29 PM)SECath Wrote:

Unfortunately, I no longer drive and it's a bit over 40 miles to the nearest Eastern Rite Church, but in the past, I belonged to a Ruthenian Parish, and when I lived in Canada, I attended Divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of the Eparchy of Edmonton.

If there is an Eastern Rite Parish anywhere near you, I highly recommend checking it out.
There is a Syriac Catholic church and Maronite.  Do you know if either is a Divine Liturgy?  For some reason I thought the Maronite had become similar to the NO