Have to get Covid19 test
Please pray for me.

In order to stay at the local charity house so I can live close with my son while he is in the NICU, I have to undergo Covid19 test, which is likely a nasal swab. I have no faith or trust in the government and I fear there is plenty bad actors. So I'm pretty terrified of the nasal swab. My wife had to get one when she was in the hospital and she says its not bad but I just worry about any side effects.

Again if this was a real pandemic with bodies piling up on the street, I'd have no problem. But everything about this and everything else has been so falsified, hyped, and engineered, I have no faith in any of it and I fear for my life and safety.
If it makes you feel any better, on Christmas Eve I came down with a cold. Only lasted a day or so. However, just to be safe, and to ensure that I wouldn't be infecting anyone else, I went and got a Covid test. It was done at my local clinic, and consisted of a quick swab of the insides of my nostrils. Not discomforting at all. And if they were simply looking for my DNA, well, I've been giving them blood samples for the past two decades, so I wasn't all that concerned about it this time around.

Test came back negative a day or so later.

So... Covid ain't the only "cold" going around in these parts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • ActusFidei313, austenbosten
(01-11-2021, 02:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Please pray for me.

In order to stay at the local charity house so I can live close with my son while he is in the NICU, I have to undergo Covid19 test, which is likely a nasal swab.  I have no faith or trust in the government and I fear there is plenty bad actors.  So I'm pretty terrified of the nasal swab.  My wife had to get one when she was in the hospital and she says its not bad but I just worry about any side effects.

Again if this was a real pandemic with bodies piling up on the street, I'd have no problem.  But everything about this and everything else has been so falsified, hyped, and engineered, I have no faith in any of it and I fear for my life and safety.

I completely understand where you are coming from and your concerns.  Our oldest is at a Catholic private school and he's had to get tested going in and coming home for break and all other subsequent breaks.  It stinks.  I hate it.  But I have to trust in Our Lord.  I know where the line gets drawn though.  We've already talked with him and if they require the vax then his schooling is done there.  It's all so soul-sucking.  But as Catholics we have to remain strong.  
My husband's employer put out a blanket email stating that they are not going to mandate the vax right now but they reserve the right to at anytime.  He got this news this morning.  He knows what he is going to do but it scary as he is the sole breadwinner and we know how this is going to end.   
God bless
[-] The following 2 users Like ActusFidei313's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert

In order to stay at the local charity house so I can live close with my son while he is in the NICU, I have to undergo Covid19 test, which is likely a nasal swab.  I have no faith or trust in the government and I fear there is plenty bad actors.  So I'm pretty terrified of the nasal swab.  My wife had to get one when she was in the hospital and she says its not bad but I just worry about any side effects.

Again if this was a real pandemic with bodies piling up on the street, I'd have no problem.  But everything about this and everything else has been so falsified, hyped, and engineered, I have no faith in any of it and I fear for my life and safety.

There is no accurate nasal swab test specifically for SARS-COV-2 (aka:Wuhan Virus). Only by blood test can this virus be identified. The blood test identifies markers in your blood for antibodies to the virus, among other markers. It is the only accurate test. It tells you if you are or have been infected with Wuhan virus.

Link to Harvard Health Article

Almost all of the nasal/oral swab tests are for Corona Virus a virus that is as common as the 'common' cold, because it is one of the chief rhinoviruses that causes as much as 80% of the common cold. The few that are for SARS-COV-2 will only tell you if you have a current infection and use a PCR method for analysis, which is very controversial, due to a very high false positive outcome.

Cited Article Wrote:The true accuracy of tests for COVID-19 is uncertain

Unfortunately, it’s not clear exactly how accurate any of these tests are. There are several reasons for this:
  • We don’t have precise measures of accuracy for these tests — just some commonly quoted figures for false negatives or false positives, such as those reported above. False negative tests provide false reassurance, and could lead to delayed treatment and relaxed restrictions despite being contagious. False positives, which are much less likely, can cause unwarranted anxiety and require people to quarantine unnecessarily.
  • How carefully a specimen is collected and stored may affect accuracy.
  • Because these tests are available by EUA, the usual rigorous testing and vetting has not yet happened, and accuracy results have not been widely published.
  • A large and growing number of laboratories and companies offer these tests, so accuracy may vary.
  • All of these tests are new because the virus is new. Without a long track record, assessments of accuracy can only be approximate.
  • We don’t have a definitive “gold standard” test with which to compare them.

Just sayin...its a crap shoot.

Don't get overly concerned with a positive result if you are without symptoms or never have had symptoms.

Good luck.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
I definitely understand your concerns, and you are in my family's prayers.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

Vos omnes amatores pulcherrimae linguae ecclesiae nostrae, videte filum quo de rebus sanctis profanisque colloqui possumus.

My boss made me get tested. There was no way i was going to have the nasal swab, so i asked my dr to order the salvia test. I don’t feel any better about my health data now being available to “public health officials,” but at least no probe near my brain. Maybe you could request that type?
Be assured of my prayers, Brother.
(01-11-2021, 06:44 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:

My boss made me get tested. There was no way i was going to have the nasal swab, so i asked my dr to order the salvia test. I don’t feel any better about my health data now being available to “public health officials,” but at least no probe near my brain. Maybe you could request that type?

I'm fine with a saliva test, but I am leery about the nasal swab.
Thank you everyone. I will probably man up and do it since it's what will keep me from seeing my son...but I just don't trust anyone.

I'm worried about my company mandating the vaxx but I'm currently WFH since last March. Still being the sole-breadwinner it makes me nervous if I have to look for work elsewhere if they want to push demon Gates death vaxx.
I wish you good luck.  Be assured of my prayers.