PURGE: Banks Shutting Down Trump Accounts
Coming soon to a bank near you. If they're going to do this to Trump, just wait for what these sycophants have in store for the average Trump supporter and "extremist". And it will be even worse once they make the switch to crypto after the dollar tanks.

via Summit News:

Quote:PURGE: Banks Shutting Down Trump Accounts
Corporate and tech elite want Trump erased from history

12 January, 2021
Steve Watson
[Image: GettyImages-1211848543.jpg]

In an unprecedented move, two major banks have announced they will refuse to do business with President Trump, and will shut down accounts he holds with them.

Bloomberg News reports that the German based Deutsche Bank, and the New York based Signature Bank are both refusing to do further business with Trump following the events of last week at the Capitol.

Signature issued a statement noting that they believe Trump should resign from office.

“We believe the appropriate action would be the resignation of the president of the United States, which is in the best interests of our nation and the American people,” the statement from Signature Bank declared.

Trump holds two accounts with the bank, according to reports, with over 5 million dollars invested in them.

The bank says it will now close those accounts, and will also refuse to do business with any elected representative who voted to disregard the electoral college vote count.

“We have never before commented on any political matter and hope to never do so again,” the bank also stated.

Deutsche Bank, with which Trump has loans of around $340 million outstanding, has decided to sever ties with the President, after almost 20 years of doing business with him.

Last month, two private bankers at Deutsche who had worked most closely with Trump resigned their positions.

While there has been no formal statement concerning Trump, Deutsche’s head of U.S. operations Christiana Riley spoke out against the Capitol unrest last week, stating on LinkedIn that the bank stands only with Americans who support a ‘peaceful transition of power.’

“Violence has no place in our society and the scenes that we witnessed are a shame on the whole nation,”Riley wrote, adding “We are proud of our Constitution and stand by those who seek to uphold it to ensure that the will of the people is upheld and a peaceful transition of power takes place.”

The relationship between Trump and Deutsche has been strained for some time, with ongoing investigations by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office and New York Attorney General seeing subpoenas issued to the bank.

Court filings have revealed that investigators are looking for any evidence that the Trump Organization misled or defrauded the lender by inflating the value of some of its assets.

The actions of the two banks against Trump are part of a larger ongoing purge by the corporate and tech elite.

The Trump campaign’s funding and e-commerce operations have also been cut off by Stripe and Shopify, while a raft of other companies have suspended relations with the President.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, is the concupiscence of the flesh, and the concupiscence of the eyes, and the pride of life, which is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever. - 1 John, 2:15-17.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Fionnchu
We may be like the frog in the pot of hot water, only now some people want the heat turned way up and we may jump out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian
They're doing what big business always does, virtue signal under pressure from their customers and boards.  When no one is paying any attention anymore, they will quietly still make deals with Trump. (if he decides that he even wants to continue dealing with them.)
The banks did that with a very unpopular person in north Georgia and they ended up getting sued. They lost a lot of money for what they did.
(01-14-2021, 05:33 AM)benedicite Wrote: The banks did that with a very unpopular person in north Georgia and they ended up getting sued. They lost a lot of money for what they did.

Yes, but Trump is literally worse than Hitler. So he will not have his day at the SCOTUS.
There are also things like this happening: Famed Boston Red Sox pitcher-turned-conservative commentator Curt Schilling said Tuesday that American International Group (AIG) had cancelled his insurance plan due to his “social media profile.”
It's beginning to feel like we are entering almost a DPRK style "one Party System" that will demand total obedience. It's getting weird.  It feels like we are living in Alexander Solzhenitsyn's book "The First Circle".
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(01-15-2021, 06:40 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: It's beginning to feel like we are entering almost a DPRK style "one Party System" that will demand total obedience. It's getting weird.  It feels like we are living in Alexander Solzhenitsyn's book "The First Circle".

With hints of Franz Kafka’s The Trial, where you are only given the verdict — not the charges against you nor even the possibility of defending yourself.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
Indeed. The left would love it, were we to simply disappear, although I'd guess that they would only like that about the president if they could somehow kick him as he exits. How dare he interrupt and counter their plans for an entire four years? I pray for the reversion/conversion of our enemies, our rescue from their clutches, and the conversion (before his demise) of our president to the one true Faith.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • HailGilbert
(Yesterday, 09:12 AM)dahveed Wrote: Indeed. The left would love it, were we to simply disappear, although I'd guess that they would only like that about the president if they could somehow kick him as he exits. How dare he interrupt and counter their plans for an entire four years? I pray for the reversion/conversion of our enemies, our rescue from their clutches, and the conversion (before his demise) of our president to the one true Faith.

Don't worry....God has a sense of humor and will bring down that house from within!
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • HailGilbert