Trump Impeached Ver. 2.0
Second verse same as the first....

Tɾυmρ impeached for 'inciting' US Capitol riots
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • Zedta
So this means literally nothing since Trump will be out of office next week? I have no real hope of seeing another Donald Trump in the Presidency anyway, as the Dems will make sure the US becomes a one-party state.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, is the concupiscence of the flesh, and the concupiscence of the eyes, and the pride of life, which is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever. - 1 John, 2:15-17.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
(01-13-2021, 06:34 PM)Augustinian Wrote: So this means literally nothing since Trump will be out of office next week? I have no real hope of seeing another Donald Trump in the Presidency anyway, as the Dems will make sure the US becomes a one-party state.

Actually, it means quite a lot. For one thing, if convicted in the Senate, he will be barred from ever holding Federal office again, which means no attempt at re-election in '24. It removes any protection he might have had from criminal prosecution for acts committed whilst in office, and it might remove any retired Presidential perks, such as Secret Service protection, a Presidential Library, etc., since he will be forbidden from holding 'any Office of ...Profit under the United States'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Bonaventure, Melkite
(01-13-2021, 06:19 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Second verse same as the first....

Don't think anyone's produced evidence that damns Trump, have they?
It has been alluded to that the Senate will not reconvene until after Jan 20. Which brings up a constitutional question: Which Senate hears the trial? Should it not be the Senate during which he was president? I mean, it was that House that passed the Articles of Impeachment. Or will the new Senate be the one putting forth the trial? If so, the precedent this sets is a bit concerning.

But really, who am I joking here?

This impeachment pales in contrast to the precedent of this past election, with so many questions and issues of fraud swept under the rug (see no DNC evil; hear no DNC evil; speak no DNC evil).
(01-13-2021, 06:51 PM)samuelyeag Wrote:

Evidence is only something Republicans need come up with to prove election fraud to the hilt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • antiquarian

The articles of impeachment of Andrew Johnson, which was a purely political move, much like today's, included:

On numerous occasions, made "with a loud voice, certain intemperate, inflammatory, and scandalous harangues, and did therein utter loud threats and bitter menaces ... against Congress [and] the laws of the United States duly enacted thereby, amid the cries, jeers and laughter of the multitudes then assembled and within hearing"; and

[Image: 14px-Black_check.svg.png] Approved by the House, yeas 88, nays 44.

His conviction in the Senate failed by one vote, that of Sen. Edmund Ross, of my home State of Kansas.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Catherine
[Image: EroBlU-XMAkRlQe?format=jpg&name=medium]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian
One of my staff just poked their head in my office and told me in tones of mild excitement "The President was just impeached!" All I could do is look at him and say, "Yeah, I know. Thank you." while my gut sunk a little.

Welcome to the One-Party State, comrades!
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, is the concupiscence of the flesh, and the concupiscence of the eyes, and the pride of life, which is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the concupiscence thereof: but he that doth the will of God, abideth for ever. - 1 John, 2:15-17.

Impeachments aren't about evidence. Impeachments have been so vaguely defined over the years that they are mere political gestures. This is how politicians hated by other politicians are punished. Andrew Johnson was punished for bad-mouthing Congress and not for any illegal act.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • antiquarian