Grace, Faith and mind-over-matter
(01-14-2021, 01:35 AM)friendly.neighborhood.papist Wrote: This is a really fascinating subject, I'm pinning this thread to read again later. Have you ever read Abbott Alois Wiesinger's "Occult Phenomenon in the Light of Theology"? He goes into a lot of detail about certain powers of the soul in a way very similar to you in your post. I'll have to pick it up again to make more specific references, if you haven't heard of it or read it I strongly recommend getting a copy.

I have never heard of the book, but I'm going to have to read it soon. It sounds right up my alley.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • friendly.neighborhood.papist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grace, Faith and mind-over-matter - by Augustinian - 01-14-2021, 02:23 AM