You Can’t ‘Just Build Your Own Twitter’
(01-17-2021, 03:15 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Read the article here)
Thanks, although I had to look up in Urban Dictionary what a DD/lg relationship meant. Makes me wonder what the author assumes about his presumably conservative adult readership's knowledge of textspeak....Innocent me. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ddlg
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(01-19-2021, 10:24 PM)Augustinian Wrote: On one hand, I don't trust Elon Musk because of his materialistic transhumanist beliefs. But then on the other, he has great ideas like Starlink that could combat technological totalitarianism.
The Internet was a DARPA project. The invention of the black box came from Adolf Hitler.

Sometimes evil things can produce good stuff. Not that I think Elon Musk is evil, just saying that he can do good despite having goofy beliefs.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian
(01-20-2021, 10:54 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 10:24 PM)Augustinian Wrote: On one hand, I don't trust Elon Musk because of his materialistic transhumanist beliefs. But then on the other, he has great ideas like Starlink that could combat technological totalitarianism.
The Internet was a DARPA project.  The invention of the black box came from Adolf Hitler.

Sometimes evil things can produce good stuff.  Not that I think Elon Musk is evil, just saying that he can do good despite having goofy beliefs.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with that logic.

[Image: tenor.gif]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten
(01-19-2021, 07:49 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: To a minor extent, they do this with spammers.   But as your inbox can tell, they don't really do this very well.

I don't think this is a concern.

Totally different. Spam is blocked used machine learning where as blocking an IP to a known server is far simpler. I could block all of China from Fish Eaters in 3 seconds.....
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • austenbosten
Isn't it Church teaching that God allows evil in his permissive will so that better things can result from it?
--BobCatholic