Babes and Holy Water
Does anyone else have littles who get into the holy water any chance they get? Found my two year old dumping out a bottle of Epiphany water into an overflowing font this morning. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "HOLY WATER!!!!" dipped her little fingers in the font, and poked her forehead repeatedly (still working on the sign of the cross with her.) The front of her hair was soaked too- looked like she'd been doing this repeatedly.

I love it when kids seem to love sacramentals so much (though we will be working on *proper* use of them, lol.)
[-] The following 7 users Like Catherine's post:
  • Bourbon Apocalypse, Fortunabeargirl, jack89, Little Fish, Steven, VoxClamantis, Zedta
(01-19-2021, 04:37 PM)Catherine Wrote: Does anyone else have littles who get into the holy water any chance they get? Found my two year old dumping out a bottle of Epiphany water into an overflowing font this morning. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "HOLY WATER!!!!" dipped her little fingers in the font, and poked her forehead repeatedly (still working on the sign of the cross with her.) The front of her hair was soaked too- looked like she'd been doing this repeatedly.

I love it when kids seem to love sacramentals so much (though we will be working on *proper* use of them, lol.)

Oh my gosh that is so PRECIOUS!!! Thank you for sharing that. It brought a huge smile to my face. :)
(01-19-2021, 04:37 PM)Catherine Wrote: Does anyone else have littles who get into the holy water any chance they get? Found my two year old dumping out a bottle of Epiphany water into an overflowing font this morning. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "HOLY WATER!!!!" dipped her little fingers in the font, and poked her forehead repeatedly (still working on the sign of the cross with her.) The front of her hair was soaked too- looked like she'd been doing this repeatedly.

Littles tend to love any water in general.  A favorite entertainment of my girls was at the kitchen sink with soapy water, cups and a few spoons.  You're doing a great job if she's aware of what holy water is and knows what to do with it, even if she still needs practice.
:) I love kids... If the world weren't such a dangerous place for the wee ones, I'd say "video or it didn't happen!" But best to keep kids off the net. Too many weirdos out there, alas.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Bourbon Apocalypse, Catherine
(01-19-2021, 11:39 PM)Fortunabeargirl Wrote: Oh my gosh that is so PRECIOUS!!! Thank you for sharing that. It brought a huge smile to my face. :)
Happy to spread smiles :) I shared thinking that we could all use a smile these days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • Fortunabeargirl
(01-19-2021, 11:57 PM)ElizabethH Wrote: Littles tend to love any water in general.  A favorite entertainment of my girls was at the kitchen sink with soapy water, cups and a few spoons.  You're doing a great job if she's aware of what holy water is and knows what to do with it, even if she still needs practice.
Yes, I do have a hard time getting her to wash her hands too rather than drenching the kids' bathroom, lol.

And thank you. My hope is that if I can teach my kiddos to love the touchable things and routines of the faith right now, they will come to love the deeper meanings later.
[-] The following 2 users Like Catherine's post:
  • ElizabethH, jovan66102