Crime in My 'Hood
Was writing an email to a friend and included this graphic. This is crime in my Indianapolis neighborhood in JUST THIS MONTH, not even including yesterday or today -- a month that still has 12 days to go. I live at the dead-center of this map, where the orange marker is (if I were to take a bus somewhere, I'd have to walk from the orange marker to 10th St., Michigan St., or Washington St., depending on where I was going). The farthest crosshairs on the map is 1.8 miles away, a matter of a few blocks. Each crosshairs represents a shooting:

[Image: crimeinmyhood.JPG]

Y'all seeing the same sort of thing?
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Blind Horus
Wow ... I cant say that I am seeing anything like that, but I live in a semi rural area.
 Y'all seeing the same sort of thing?

Nope, the only gunfire we get around here is on New Years Eve, the 4th of July & duck season

P.S. I'm still praying for your friend's friend 
Maybe you can get some heavenly help

P.S.S I dont know why, or if it's even appropriate, but I'm kind of impressed with your fortitude:) Respect
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(01-19-2021, 11:23 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:  Y'all seeing the same sort of thing?

Nope, the only gunfire we get around here is on New Years Eve, the 4th of July & duck season
Same here.  Small town of 1500.  God, Family, Guns, and Country types.
(01-19-2021, 11:50 PM)ElizabethH Wrote:

Ditto. Town of 1700, Very Blue. The only killing we've had in recent memory was a perverted sex killing, but it started with a pickup in Lincoln, population over a quarter of a million and just happened to end here in Wilber. The murder trials were a local sensation. Normally the biggest crimes we get are DUIs and Drunk and Disorderlies.

Of course, to be honest, that looks similar to a crime map of the neighbourhood next to ours when we lived in Kansas City, KS 20 years ago.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(01-20-2021, 12:09 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 11:50 PM)ElizabethH Wrote:

Ditto. Town of 1700, Very Blue. The only killing we've had in recent memory was a perverted sex killing, but it started with a pickup in Lincoln, population over a quarter of a million and just happened to end here in Wilber. The murder trials were a local sensation. Normally the biggest crimes we get are DUIs and Drunk and Disorderlies.

Of course, to be honest, that looks similar to a crime map of the neighbourhood next to ours when we lived in Kansas City, KS 20 years ago.
We're not crime free by any stretch of the imagination. The one that sticks in my mind is black hāfu, Dantee E Oshita (rip)
Nothing in my town, about 8,000 folks living here.  The last homicide was several years ago, a domestic violence incident that ended with a murder-suicide.  I do have to travel to Indy, though.  It is sad to see what has become of the city.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
There has been an increase in crime in my area but that has been supposedly happening gradually due to the influx of NYers to my region after 9/11. Big spike of new ones trying to flee from SARS more recently (big failure lol; my town became a "hotspot" after that). Some shootings; robberies/attempted robberies; gang stuff. Kind of weird because my neighborhood is in the middle of the woods practically. But still better than where I used to live.
My Mom lives in Beech Grove area!  Not too far from you......

We live in a very small rural town in MA.  There has not been an uptick in crime here yet.  Lots of drugs though.....
Nothing like that in my little town. I've been advising everyone I know who lives in a city to get out. I strongly suggest that you find a new home. Why not a town like Greenfield to the east?