Holy Water question
A friend of mine told me that one can add water to Holy Water. She said that as long as the amount added is less than the existing amount, that the water will retain its original blessing.

Has anyone heard this?
From FE's page on Holy Water: https://www.fisheaters.com/water.html :

"Note that as long as your container of holy water is half full, you can top it off, rendering the new water you've added holy as well after it's been mixed with your remaining water."
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Augustinian
Thank you! I should have known to check the mainpage first. My apologies.

Can one continue to do this indefinitely?
Yes, it can go on indefinitely as long as one's always adding less than half to the amount in question.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Fortunabeargirl
(01-20-2021, 04:30 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Yes, it can go on indefinitely as long as one's always adding less than half to the amount in question.

Thank you. That is really good to know and gives me comfort, esp considering the potential for future lockdowns!
(01-19-2021, 11:55 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: From FE's page on Holy Water: https://www.fisheaters.com/water.html :

"Note that as long as your container of holy water is half full, you can top it off, rendering the new water you've added holy as well after it's been mixed with your remaining water."

I've got a small bottle of Epiphany water that I top off in the same manner.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Fortunabeargirl